Nexus 7 to iPad Mini 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_K

Hi,

Noticed that some areas of the touchscreen on my aging Nexus 7 are getting numb from time to time. Would a transition to the iPad ecozoo be difficult? I remember they had some stability issues in past (when they transitioned to iOS 8.x). Otherwise my Nexus 7 is as good as new for me. Was also looking at Smasung Galaxy Tab S2, but I'd prefer to stay with either 'clean' Android or iOS. Main usage is similar for both: web, email, square.. the only difference would be Torque Pro and Forscan, but I could keep those on any Android device at any time.
I need to stay in smaller form factor, although iPad Pro has some enticing features unique to it only.

TIA

You won't look back.

I don't see how people can use the touch screens on Android devices. They're so annoying and have very little sensitivity. When touching one letter it'll click the one next to it, and it's all shaky when scrolling. Also the scrolling speed isn't equal to the speed of me swiping with my finger? Really weird.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You won't look back.

I don't see how people can use the touch screens on Android devices. They're so annoying and have very little sensitivity. When touching one letter it'll click the one next to it, and it's all shaky when scrolling. Also the scrolling speed isn't equal to the speed of me swiping with my finger? Really weird.

I have never had the problems you are describing.

This OS of your mobile device is completely up to the user.

IMO:
Apple (iOS) is easier, it just works out of the box, confined ecosystem as Apple has to approve all apps, unless you jailbreak it.

Android is getting better compared to yesteryear. More built in customization ability. Can get a little quirky at times.

Currently own:
iPad Air 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014
Motorola Nexus 6

Formerly:
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4S
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Toshiba Thrive

Wife:
iPad 4th gen
iPhone 6
former iPhone 5

Daughters: iPad Minis

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
The new Microsoft Surface 3 is interesting too. Full windows, forget apps, $399 base price. It is bigger though.

They did away with the RT version for the non-Pro Surface's?

have you ever used nexus 7? it's still excellent, I just want something 'better' for my wife, who says she has occasional problems with the touch - I don't. Whatever it is, she is worth it
smile.gif
I was just curious how easy the switch is. When I had iPad Air 2, and Apple was switching iOS versions, multitasking was miserable. I hope it's all resolved now.
Thank you all for your feedback.

P.S. I played with the mini 4 at the store, and for my eyes, the Nexus 7 is still sporting better readability when it comes to text and Web. I hope she won't say that too.
P.P.S Also, will she benefit from 128 GB version as opposed to 64 GB. AFAIK, you cannot expand storage on those

Last edited:
Some people have more/less touch sensitivity, strange if it's just on the N7 though.

The switch isn't horrible, but you will need to manual search for any apps you had to get them into the new ecosystem (compared to autodownload from settings). Any paid apps from Android will not transfer to iOS.

Storage, my Nexus 6 is my first non-16GB device. Although, I am running into some limitations on my iPad and my wife's iPhone 6. Some productivity apps are just huge. For example, I have Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my iPad. That is over 1.5GB in those three apps. My wife has a huge ongoing text message with everyone in her family that I'm trying to get her to clean up, but it's 4GB and with her apps and then photos of the new baby, I've cleaned the photos off twice in the last two months.

I think future devices for my wife and I will be 32GB models, but my kids will keep 16GB models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back