2003 lesabre battery change back seat type

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find a good video or even a written instruction on how to change out a 2003 buick lesabre car battery in the back seat?

Last edited:
Here's mine!
smile.gif

DSCN1674_zps9cfe2ea5.jpg

DSCN1811_zpsff30439c.jpg

DSCN1747_zps89e6f8aa.jpg

DSCN1791_zpsb764c037.jpg

DSCN1794_zpsb1672250.jpg

DSCN1802_zps95c5aa27.jpg

DSCN1737_zps08d29e9c.jpg

DSCN1696_zpsc08ac69c.jpg

Merk,

Maybe that's where you got your hemorrhoids from. By straining to remove and reinstall that battery! Seems like a good place for it, away from the heat on a serious note.

Changing battery under the back seat is much easier than under the hood for most cars, because there are much more room under the seat. I knew this because the E430 has large battery size 49 under the back seat, Volvo V70 has battery in the trunk.

My father in law has a 2001 lesabre the oem battery lasted 12+ years I believe0
, a very good spot for the battery because it's away from the hot engine

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Unbelievable, what a dumb place to put a battery.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
My father in law has a 2001 Lesabre the oem battery lasted 12+ years I believe, a very good spot for the battery because it's away from the hot engine

Battery life is extended few years in cooler place. Under the rear seat or in the trunk is much cooler than under the hood.

Also, battery under the rear seat or in the trunk does improve the weight distribution a little, makes the car handling a little better.

There are conversion kits to put batteries in other spots of the vehicle. My Battery in the Ranger is behind the drivers seat, with the jack assembly behind the passenger seat. Was a 2-3 hr job with beers and door trim removal.
My dads old GMC Sierra 1500 +/-1987 was a prior Naval Base work truck (range control, etc) had the battery rewired to go behind the passenger seat. With the dual gas tanks, the truck could go 350 mi.

Has several advantages:

1. Battery stays cool
2. Battery stays clean
3. Takes weight off front of car
4. Frees up room in engine compartment

I have seen dumber. I remember when Chrysler was putting them in the front bumper cavity on the 300's.

My CTS is in the truck. The Grand Cherokee Overland is under the passenger seat. The Camaro is in the trunk under the spare tire. My Pickup is under the hood. Guess which vehicle has already has it's battery replaced twice and the others still on original battery? Yes - having the battery NOT underhood is the best way and NOT a dumb idea.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Has several advantages:

1. Battery stays cool
2. Battery stays clean
3. Takes weight off front of car
4. Frees up room in engine compartment

1. On a closed up parked car in the summer it get hot inside too. Not as hot as under the hood but I never had a battery that was hot to the touch anyway.
2. I wouldn't want a corroding, gassing battery in my passenger compartment.
3 and 4.Agree

I would still want it up front where it belongs.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
My CTS is in the truck. The Grand Cherokee Overland is under the passenger seat. The Camaro is in the trunk under the spare tire. My Pickup is under the hood. Guess which vehicle has already has it's battery replaced twice and the others still on original battery? Yes - having the battery NOT underhood is the best way and NOT a dumb idea.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Totally different batteries, applications and demands.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

You are comparing apples and oranges. Totally different batteries, applications and demands.

You just don't like the idea of a little bit more work to change a battery - something only done once every 4-5 years. This is not apple to oranges comparisons either. Heat is the enemy of any battery style - period.

Did you notice the vent lines going to the battery in my picture ?

Quote:
I have seen dumber. I remember when Chrysler was putting them in the front bumper cavity on the 300's.

Aargh! My wife's Sebring has it in the same location and you need to remove the wheel to get at the battery. Super dumb location. I will never knowingly again get a car without the battery under the hood.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Did you notice the vent lines going to the battery in my picture ?

My ignorance too. After researching, I found out that those are not your typical liquid, lead acid batteries. I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Can't have batteries that gas off hydrogen if they are inside the cabin. I wonder how many people replace the battery with a cheapy from Walmart and start filling up the cabin with gas?

My ignorance too. After researching, I found out that those are not your typical liquid, lead acid batteries. I stand corrected.

Yeah it's a super special battery that's hard to find. I finally found one at Pep Boys.
I had to get me some Dorman vacuum connectors and some extra vacuum line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back