Ryco SynTec - Fully Synthetic Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, I didn't think to ask until after I had finished the call.

I'll call again tomorrow. Maybe I'll call Ryco too.

OK, called Repco again, but a different store. Still no Ryco SynTec filters in stock, but I did ask about price.

Standard Z154 = $11
Synthetic Z154ST = $32 Ouch !!

I also called Ryco directly and asked where I could buy these filters, and they said any Repco or SCA store should have them. But none around me do ….

I also tried the local AutoBarn, and they don't have them either.

BTW AutoBarn did offer me a Valvoline VO6 (=Z154) oil filter for $10.

I don't know anything about Valvoline filters, but they claim to use "synthetic reinforced media".

Has anybody used these ?

$32??? Starve the lizards they won't sell me one at that price. Makes my stash of Ultras seem cheap.

I've tried the Valvoline filters before, they seemed to do the job fine.

$32 holy [censored] I know what REPCO stands for but wow.

Valvoline filters are okay, not sure I'd pay $10 for them http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3893318/Valvoline_VO33_(Australia) Autobarn is usually expensive for filters anyway.

Cheers for taking the time to call around tho

Ryco SynTec, pick up and delivery team

burglar2.jpg

OK, spotted them in the wild.

SuperCheapAuto has them as a new item in their catalogue sale.

Ryco Syntec Filters from $18- each.

I got one last week from SCA! Won't be going on the car until my next change in July though.
They have a deal in the current catalogue for 50% off Liqui Moly MoS2 with the purchase of a Syntec filter. With the offer it worked out the exact same price as a normal Z9 filter since the 50% off the MoS2 negates the extra cost of the Syntec

Originally Posted By: chrismo
I have returned from the mystical lands of supercrap auto with an offering. $18, one of the few times I've felt guilty for opening up a filter, especially since there's absolutely nothing unexpected.

http://imgur.com/a/zVBdA

chrismo, thank you very much for buying, cutting and posting.

They do look good, and they do look as advertised.

QqfA8xW.jpg

gquAeAV.jpg

My Favourite is with the Mercury Cider bottle……...it helps with the scale.

UN3ZBRZ.jpg

Yeah no worries, it would've drove me insane if I didn't do it.

The mercury bottle was there because I was amazed at the size of a Z9 - normally I work on Mazdas and Subarus which often have Z436s which you could say is a little smaller...

FLSjWqH.jpg

CPmr1Zv.jpg

Looks like a pretty nice filter ... well built and good efficiency.

Man the price they want to sell these for at supercrap is as much as some oil costs....

I've stockpiled a number of Wix and Denso filters for my Mazda from Rockauto in America. When the AUD was good, it was quite cheap even with postage.

SR5 - I'd be more inclined to change filter twice on one OCI rather than one filter and two oil changes.

The prices are a bit crazy at the moment, hopefully they'll come down in time or else I see them being a flop like the prior HE line. Must be a hard sell especially considering you can buy several equivalent wesfil filters for the price of one of these and most people would never use them to their potential anyway.

Bump !! 15% Off at SuperCheapAuto (SCA) right now. This is the first time ever I have seen them on sale. (10-21 August 2016)
About $15 each

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back