2010 camry headlights upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
a friend (not living close))has a 2010 Camry that I am suggesting headlight upgrades from regular to osram / phillips or ???. how hard is it to install? do both low and high?? what typical cost and install cost...I'm not thinking about Sylvania. Thanks!

Sticking with the same bulb, it's 20 to 50% more expensive, much better light (in my experience) and another cost hit of perhaps 20% because they don't last as long as standard output bulbs.

Since we are all pretty much over-driving our lamps in North America as it is (due to output limitations in automotive regulations) I'd say Low plus High beams.

I always run them but you have to consider the added costs. Some people won't bite for that reason; personally I feel safety is a poor choice when slashing budgets.

If you don't want to do the small tab trim on the 9011 get the Phillips Xtreme Power or xtreme vision 9005.

Also I noticed you have an aversion to Sylvania, just remember there's good ones and bad ones. The made in Germany Sylvania/Osram products are very good.

It's very easy I am running 9011 in my Buick high beams I used a pair of tin snips and a file to trim it.

2864724773_aaafc177c1.jpg

I bought Stark H11 LED bulb from Amazon seller "Unv Inc" for 2014 Honda Accord.

This LED bulb has 3 LED's on 3 sides, it is supposed to produce 4,000 lm at 6,000 Kevin.

81LeNq0oZ4L._SL1500_.jpg

One guy had this LED bulb(9006 not H11) on his vehicle, he was very happy with it and posted picture on Amazon.

Because LED bulb can make a lot more light than halogen, users should make sure the headlights are aim correctly to minimize glare to the opposite traffic.

http://www.amazon.com/Stark-All-One-Head...a_st_dp_summary

61mcnvP8bsL._SL256_.jpg

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I still strongly disagree with any recommendations for a drop in led bulb. They are still junk in my opinion.

I had similar opinion about drop in LED bulb for headlight too. But after reading JHZR2 posts about his experience with H11 LED in his Accord I changed my mind(I think I am allowed to change my opinion after learning new things from someone with good support documents).

Sure but the picture you have posted certainly does not support your assertion. That is death glare.

Shoot them into an optical aiming machine at a high end auto body shop or dealership and you'll see if they can even be aimed (I already know they can't)

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Shoot them into an optical aiming machine at a high end auto body shop or dealership and you'll see if they can even be aimed (I already know they can't)

I intend to do that. I know a high end body shop with optical aiming device near my house.

I try LED in my daughter 2014 Accord mainly because JHZR2 had good experience with LED in his 2015 Accord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back