Costco Tire Service - now available for all tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
...But I would say in DT it depends,.....

For you, so it would seem. Sounds like some questionable management and practices where you've shopped DT in your area.

Here, never an issue with tire age at DT. But if so would have been a simple solution, tell them fresh or no go with purchase/install. But in 12 years never an issue and no warehouse fee.

Back on topic, puncture repair and rotation have always been free no matter place of purchase.

So you should stick with Costco and I'll stick with DT.

These were three different DT's.
Two in San Diego (where i got tires for Tiguan and PSS for CC) and one in C. Springs where I got Blizzaks.
Not having anything against them, but there is that part: how discount works.
Also, one thing that drives me completely nuts is that it is snowing outside, and they get load of tires and they keep tires for hours in snow.
When they are on you vehicle do the tires see snow? how long do they see snoe?\w

Blizzaks I got in November? They made 15K from November 20th until April 15th in Mountains (one trip to Vegas and back, hit blizzard over Vail pass).
I would say those Blzizaks saw this year 20 serious storms, including one when they shut down I25 between Springs and Denver and I70 West of Denver, however local roads wee open:)
As for tire itself, once they are done next winter I will skip Blizzaks. They are fantastic in snow, but probably worst tire I ever had when it comes to hydroplaning resistance and slush performance.

Quote:
..Not having anything against them, but there is that part: how discount works. ....

...For you it seems. Not for me, or in my long experience with them. And if you accepted any of tires with issues in your mind, then it was on you imo. And, hard to understand going back to a place you seem to have so many issues with. The old sayin goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....

So stick to Costco, I'll stick with DT.

Every time I can, I do. However, drawback of Costco is selection.

...Every time I can, I do. However, drawback of Costco is selection.

So not to beat the horse dead more, but what your saying is after everything and all is said and done DT still beats every other of the multitude of tire sales and service options excepting in your experience, Costco. Well there you go.

Quote:
..Not having anything against them, but there is that part: how discount works. ....

...For you it seems. Not for me, or in my long experience with them. And if you accepted any of tires with issues in your mind, then it was on you imo. And, hard to understand going back to a place you seem to have so many issues with. The old sayin goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....

But Costco does have the best pricing on Michelin and Bridgestone. They were testing out Goodyear, but if Costco really wants to draw in more people who would otherwise buy a Chinese tire like a Primewell/Sailun, offer a 2nd tier brand like Firestone or even reintroduce the Kirkland Signature-branded tire.

DT is my second choice for tires followed by indie shops.

...Every time I can, I do. However, drawback of Costco is selection.

So not to beat the horse dead more, but what your saying is after everything and all is said and done DT still beats every other of the multitude of tire sales and service options excepting in your experience, Costco. Well there you go.

Nope, out of last 11 sets I got three in DT. So do the math.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nthach
Quote:

But Costco does have the best pricing on Michelin and Bridgestone. They were testing out Goodyear, but if Costco really wants to draw in more people who would otherwise buy a Chinese tire like a Primewell/Sailun, offer a 2nd tier brand like Firestone or even reintroduce the Kirkland Signature-branded tire.

DT is my second choice for tires followed by indie shops.

I think problem with Kirkland was Michelin. Michelin had a beef with that. I personally always try to go with Michelin for summer, for winter not so much.
I heard that they were testing GY. However, if GY is not made in Germany or France (some Ultra Grip series) I am not touching it. I had twice eagle and once Dunlop made here and they were horrible when it comes to balancing after 10K.

I heard that they were testing GY. However, if GY is not made in Germany or France (some Ultra Grip series) I am not touching it. I had twice eagle and once Dunlop made here and they were horrible when it comes to balancing after 10K.

The ones they had were the Assurance FuelMax and Wrangler SR-A. Not great, but I certainly trust Goodyear more than some Chinese tires.

Michelin does make some private-label tires via BFGoodrich, but they might have stopped - Kirkland tires were BFG.

Last edited:

The ones they had were the Assurance FuelMax and Wrangler SR-A. Not great, but I certainly trust Goodyear more than some Chinese tires.

Michelin does make some private-label tires via BFGoodrich, but they might have stopped - Kirkland tires were BFG.
BFG Michelin can be found at Sams CLub.

Well, of course you trust GY more then Chinese or some other companies, I would not go that much into extreme.
But GY is not what it was. It is one of those companies that is trying to save the buck on research, they will go under, and then tax payers will bail them out.

Goodyear AFM's are perfectly average tires. They don't do braking/noise/handling particularly well. Neither do they have any truly horrible habits. They're long-wearing and low rolling resistance, so they do offer a good value on the higher end of mid-price tires. After putting on about 100k miles on two sets, that's my conclusion. They're better than any comparably-priced Chinese tire. They're not Michelin Premiers by any means, though. For 2/3 the price they're 2/3 the tire. IIRC my sets were made in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back