JSB Great Bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shopping for a couple bearings. Usually buy from VXB but discovered JSB Great Bearings who are selling Nachi bearings at a huge discount compared to VXB plus have free shipping. I called to confirm these are genuine Made in Japan bearings (what else are they going to say, lol). Usually if it is too good to be true it probably is. Does anyone know about this company? Are they legit? Thanks.

Last edited:
Aren't Nachi bearings dirt cheap anyway? The parts jobber down the street delivers them for $3 or $4 each, I use Nachi from time to time when rebuilding idler/tensioner pulleys, alternators, distribuidors, &c.

Bearings are said to be the most counterfeited automotive part.

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327

THIS. If it's too good/cheap to be true, it's a fake.

Aren't Nachi bearings dirt cheap anyway? The parts jobber down the street delivers them for $3 or $4 each, I use Nachi from time to time when rebuilding idler/tensioner pulleys, alternators, distribuidors, &c.

Just assumed Made in Japan would automatically mean better quality than generic Chinese stuff. Hard to source bearings these days. Most of the top guys like Timken and SKF have OEM quality and aftermarket junk.

Last edited:
I've bought a decent number of Nachi bearings online for affordable prices. They've all been made in Japan and worked great.

Originally Posted By: nthach

THIS. If it's too good/cheap to be true, it's a fake.

THAT AND THE OTHER. It'll cost as much to fake medium/low price bearings as it will premium ones, so if fakery is a big risk, your Nachi are perhaps a safer bet than your Timken.

Same may apply to high end oils here. Another reason not to buy Agip.

People here are overblowing the counterfeit risks for something like a simple ball bearing.

Just buy from a reputable source and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back