2016 Audi S3 - EA888 Gen 3 - Factory Fill - 2007mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is the UOA for my 2016 Audi S3 with the EA888 Gen 3 TFSI engine. This is still the factory fill with 2007 miles on it. I may change it out prior to the 5k service. I assume it was filled with Castrol 5w40 OE oil.

Lab was Polaris Labs

2016_AUDI_S3_E_I_396530_Sev2.jpg

Just like the Audi S4 posted recently, this appears to be some kind of mid-SAPS 5w30. Not Castrol 5w40.

Or a maybe factory fill xW40 that sheared to a 30 grade?

I have a uoa from my wife's V6 Q5 here on dealer Castrol 5W-40 and the viscosity was 10.7 at 5,500 miles. This was the regular Castrol before the dealers switched to the reduced SAPS oil.

Last edited:
Does Castrol usually have that much boron? Surprised that Moly is 0 and TBN is only 4.5 after only 2007 miles (even if it is a low SAPS oil)

From the 0w40 VOA I got back it did not have Boron in it so it may be some other formulation than the typical Edge? Someone with more knowledge would have to answer that.

I am most likely going to use Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 as my going forward oil unless others have better suggestions for VW 502 approved oils.

I did run RLI in my previous car (06 GTI with the problem child FSI engine).

Originally Posted By: agpatel
I assume it was filled with Castrol 5w40 OE oil.

Castrol 5w-40 is what the service departments use to perform oil changes, but it is not necessarily what the factory uses as initial fill.

VAG uses Fuchs oils for FF also. It could be Fuchs GT1 Pro Flex. It's a mid SAPs that meets VW 502.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back