Great presentation on ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisFix has made a very good video about automatic transmission fluid, how it works, dirty vs clean, flush vs change, etc, complete with visual and informative examples.

At 9:07, he does identify ATF as a very good cleaner (his words.) Otherwise, I don't see any issue with his video. Calling ATF a good cleaner tends to spark debate.

Here is that video.

https://youtu.be/o690DovjDAc

I watched this a couple weeks and though to post it. It is very informative.

IMO ChrisFix is the best YouTube mechanic. He has the best camerawork, hits all the relevant details and explains things very clearly.

His ATF video is very good seeing it is an unclear topic with a lot of opinions. He's obviously done his research and figured out a good way of communicating his findings for the average person.

Originally Posted By: Turbo_Lemming

At 9:07, he does identify ATF as a very good cleaner (his words.) Otherwise, I don't see any issue with his video. Calling ATF a good cleaner tends to spark debate.

Yep, reminds me of when the Earth was widely thought to be flat. Saying it was round sparked debate, too.
wink.gif

I have always found it interesting that people will religiously change their oil every 3000 miles but never change the transmission fluid. Even when it's listed every 30K in the owners manual. In the past, those people have outright told me I was stupid for having my transmission fluid changed at the recommended interval because it would destroy my transmission

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
IMO ChrisFix is the best YouTube mechanic. He has the best camerawork, hits all the relevant details and explains things very clearly.

His ATF video is very good seeing it is an unclear topic with a lot of opinions. He's obviously done his research and figured out a good way of communicating his findings for the average person.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Hes pretty awesome!!

Eric is awesome as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back