Door Hinge Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always used ATF, in my oil can, to lubricate door hinges. I have kept the hinges on my truck well lubed with ATF throughout its entire life but they are worn out now and I am replacing the hinge pins and bushings.

Oil attracts grit and I am thinking of switching over to a dry lube like Liquid Wrench Dry Lube with Cerflon to avoid the grit. Will the dry lube keep the hinges well lubricated?

Dry lube should work well or use a garage lube. Will work the same way for you. I always used a quick squirt of WD-40 and have never had any issues either.

20+ years of using Wurth HHS200/HHSk. Sprays as a thin liquid to penetrate, then sets up as a sticky grease. Use a liberal amount then wipe up the excess.

If you really want a dry lube, LPS makes a good one that I've used on certain light aircraft applications at the guidance of an A&P. Great stuff.

I've used a lot of different stuff, though none consistently. I do like Fluid Film as well as Dupont Non-stick dry lube with PTFE but I'm sure there are many others.

One thing you may want to consider is if your door holder open-er doohicky will get lube on it and what its made of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back