Is Pennzoil discontinuing High Mileage 10W40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno about Pennzoil, but Maxlife still has it
smile.gif

Just got an email from Pennzoil. Had no idea they discontinued it. So disappointing:

Currently this is not an active product in the US.

If you have any further questions please call our hotline at: 1-800-237-8645, option3, 2.

Sincerely,
Pennzoil Technical Information, ds
www.pennzoilsynthetics.com

Ugh I didn't know that either. I have been buying quarts at Wally's even recently to blend in to thicken things up a bit.

I think it is still pretty easy to find on shelves so if you need some gobble it up now.

I've used it a few times and love it. Makes no sense to discontinue a high mileage 10W40. My car actually specs 10W40 above 60F per Nissan.

Maxlife is awesome I have used it a lot, but Pennzoil has all those goodies you can actually see in a VOA/UOA.

Wonder how M1,VML,and GTX hm's compare to each other? I guess the things I like about hm oils are they're usually thicker and have strong add packs.

You drive a Nissan Z car, and you need a 10W-40.
Then give Penrite Full Synthetic 10W-40 a go, it's thick and full of Zinc.

PENRITE-Poster.jpg

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Just got an email from Pennzoil. Had no idea they discontinued it. So disappointing:

I have an inkling QSUD 5w-50 is going to be following it shortly.

"Not an active product" you can still easily find at Walmart. Interesting.

Put my last bottle of PHM 10w40 in the Jeep this morning.

I pm'd Gena and asked her as well. Haven't heard back from her yet.

Any word yet ?

Originally Posted By: johnD2
I pm'd Gena and asked her as well. Haven't heard back from her yet.

Any word yet ?

Not yet,but message is showing as being read. Hopefully she's finding out for us. Can't believe a huge company like Pennzoil would discontinue a popular grade high mileage oil.

The sell sheet from one of my Pennzoil-Quaker State suppliers (I'm in Canada, so take it for what it's worth), shows the following products as no longer available:

QSUD 5w-50, QSAD 10w-40, 20w-50, HD 30. Pennzoil HM 10w-40 isn't even listed, and I assume they're totally out of stock and it's not being replaced. It looks like several products are simply being amalgamated. The QSAD 10w-40, 20w-50, and HD 30 will no longer be available, at least from my supplier, but the PYB versions will be. Certain Shell and QS driveline lubricants are also disappearing from there, with references to use the Pennzoil products.

I was on their site to look at the pds and they don't list 10W40 anymore:

http://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/products/blends-conventional-oils/high-mileage.html

Hello everyone – we appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty to Pennzoil High Mileage conventional motor oil! Not to worry, we are not planning to discontinue Pennzoil High Mileage 10W-40. As you may have noticed, we have recently revamped www.Pennzoil.com and through a glitch in the system that specific viscosity grade was not included on the Pennzoil High Mileage product page. Our website team is working to get this corrected as soon as possible and we thank the BITOG community for bringing the error to our attention. In the meantime, you can continue to purchase Pennzoil High Mileage 10W-40 in store or online from our many partner retailers such as Amazon, Walmart and Advance Auto Parts. Any further questions please don’t hesitate to PM us! – The Pennzoil Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back