If Anybody has 60K Lying around

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have 60K in unencumbered cash laying around, but I doubt that I'd spend it on a toy car.
If I were to buy a toy car for large dollars, the name would start with the letter F and end in errari.
No way an old Wagoneer is a 60K car to me although it apparently is to some.
These were thousand dollar beaters not too long ago.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
And in the classic Mopar market that $69K would buy a nicely restored 1968-1970 426 Hemi Roadrunner, GTX, SuperBee, etc.

While I wish for this as well I am just not seeing numbers this low. I do get your point though crystal clear... 91 Jeep or mint 69 Ram Air III Judge (which I have seen for $69k all day long)... I'll take the Judge thanks. However, if you know of a $69,000 1968/69 Hemi Roadrunner restored or original with the "born with" drivetrain, "J" in the VIN etc. please PM me
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I always liked them. It appears there are a few of them in the lot where those pictures were taken. It looks like they buy them to restore and sell.

Full size Jeeps is all Wagonmaster does, and they have been at it a while.

I probably won't ever own a Wagoneer or other full size Jeep because the values are pretty out of whack for what you get, but they are among my favorite SUVs of all time. There is just something about them. My 1:18 scale Auto Art Grand Wagoneer diecast model will have to suffice.

74002c.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madRiver
My parents had one of these garbage heaps growing up. Incredibly unreliable and was replaced with a 1988 suburban 2500 4wd that never missed a beat.

The interior was so haphazard I remember the ac seemed like a separate item from the heat.

It was...the Wagoneer was basically a late-60's design to the end in 1992.

I had a 78 Jeep Wagoneer back in the mid 80s that I built up for my Wife to haul the kids in. It was a great vehicle for what we used it for. Never missed a beat. The Wife loved it.
$69k Ha ha ha No way!

I think those would look 10x better without the wood stickers on the side. Not $69K good however.

I just looked on craigslist and found a pristine 88 and 89 for around $20K each. Not seeing the extra $50K.

You could probably buy a used one in decent shape for $3k, then have it fully restored by a shop for $40k. Then have money left over.

No doubt. There were a couple for around $4K that didn't look too bad. The last thing I'd want is an all original early 90s carbed and smog pump engine. Drop an LS crate engine in there with modern transmission. Dash is horrid. Custom dash with nice set of gauges. I could feel a Wagoneer. If I'm spending huge bucks and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back