Well, I jumped on the ecoboost bandwagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised by the horsepower and torque figures from the 2.7. I think I'd still want the 5.0
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: double vanos
And the top mounted cartridge oil filter is surely better than the "break your arm in two places" spin on that the 3.5 has.

Huh? I've got a 3.5, and the filter is no more difficult to get to than any other engine....
Now, granted, mine is NA, in a FWD application, and an early model at that (still uses the fl400s)... So not exactly apples to apples, but what makes the 3.5EB so difficult? Please enlighten me... Honestly...

Is the Front License plate covering up the intercooler?
Some people find uncovering the intercooler solves some demons in the engine, I read it some where.

Nice ride!!
We got 8 -2.7 ecoboost short bed, reg cabs in our fleet a work. That's an impressive engine. Runs as well as any stock v8 pickup I've ever driven.
My 6.7 has the plastic pan, no problems in 58,000 miles. The plug can be removed by hand, but when you do the 1" drain hole really flows. I performed my first 2.7 eb oil change Monday and it's the same way. I thought maybe it was just the 13 qts pushing it out of the diesel but it rushes out just as fast on the 6 qt 2.7 ecoboost. Made a mess this time, I'll go into it a little more prepared next time.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Because the 5.0 will sound better with Flowmaster and a resonator delete

My number one issue! Nothing sounds like a V8. My buds 2.7 egoboost makes some really strange noises, bleeding off boost and such.

Of course it runs great new, lets give it a few years...

Originally Posted By: Koz1
Is the Front License plate covering up the intercooler?
Some people find uncovering the intercooler solves some demons in the engine, I read it some where.

Florida is a one plate state, so that came off swiftly haha.

I'm interested in the ecoboost engines and the colour really suits the truck. I'm. Im not too keen on the garish decals but overall it's a cool vehicle.
Have you looked at aspiratin mods and mapping?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KJSmith
Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Nice truck. We had our first ecoboost truck in the shop a few weeks ago and the newest lube tech got it and was all confused about the plastic oil pan.

It really is just strange.

The '11 6.7 had a composite pan. The drain plug was the interesting part.

I think they eventually they went back to stamped steel.

Hmm. I had no idea. But you're right about the plug. I guess being able to take it out by hand will be convenient though I suppose.

Originally Posted By: Olas
I'm interested in the ecoboost engines and the colour really suits the truck. I'm. Im not too keen on the garish decals but overall it's a cool vehicle.
Have you looked at aspiratin mods and mapping?

I haven't decided what to do with the decals. I thought about removing them.

Yeah, there are a couple tuners out there I'm interested in.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Looks great! I love that color too. I think I want my next Ford in that color.

Do it. You'll love it.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
That French blue looks great on your pickup.

It definitely stands out.

I'm surprised by the horsepower and torque figures from the 2.7. I think I'd still want the 5.0
smile.gif

Yeah. I really had a difficult time deciding.

Because the 5.0 will sound better with Flowmaster and a resonator delete

This was really what was making my decision so difficult. All my vehicles have had the exhaust done.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: double vanos
And the top mounted cartridge oil filter is surely better than the "break your arm in two places" spin on that the 3.5 has.

Huh? I've got a 3.5, and the filter is no more difficult to get to than any other engine....
Now, granted, mine is NA, in a FWD application, and an early model at that (still uses the fl400s)... So not exactly apples to apples, but what makes the 3.5EB so difficult? Please enlighten me... Honestly...

I thought it was easy on the Taurus with 3.5? It had an fl500s and was right up front. But it was NA FWD also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back