Wiper insert spring steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Inserts usually don't come with the 2 metal rails.

now that you mention it.. You probably do have to buy the whole blade.

The dealer gave me an insert though.

Look for the cheapest aftermarket wiper blades that use metal inserts. You can cannibalize them for the inserts. Also, I have noted that PIAA wiper inserts do come with new metal inserts.

I've been using Toyota inserts on my Gen Coupe. They last quite a while and I like the OEM wiper aero blade. But the Accent needs them. I seem to have the original blades but no inserts. Bought some Bosch Icons last fall but they just look unfinished, like a covering tab should have been used.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I've been using Toyota inserts on my Gen Coupe. They last quite a while and I like the OEM wiper aero blade. But the Accent needs them. I seem to have the original blades but no inserts. Bought some Bosch Icons last fall but they just look unfinished, like a covering tab should have been used.

I've been using Nissan inserts(refills), and keeping the original aero blade. Far cheaper than a OEM blade(or a unfinished aftermarket, pass wiper is not even available outside dealer)

The inserts come with the metal springs, and held with retaining clips you remove while installing into wiper assembly. The OEM rubber is Japanese, not Chinese like you find in aftermarket.

Last edited:
Getting the inserts is not the problem. Where do you get the steel strips?

I would think they would either come with the inserts or you would have to remove and reuse the old ones (what I meant by recycle).

For my car, the inserts are plain rubber -- no metal strips or clips. I can cut them from bulk rubber inserts.

You got to just buy a whole new wiper blade once in awhile from dealer or other oem store.
How much trouble are you going through to save $20?
How did you lose the old one?
So if it's Toyota look up the Toyota part. Not the Toyota equivalent or aftermarket replacement.

I suppose if you have all the time in the world you get a used part from junkyard or find any cheap one and cut and fabricate it to fit your needs.

Last edited:
I ordered some Tricos that included the rails as they call them. Don't know about the quality of the insert though. $14 for the two sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back