Group 5 synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Want to hear something funny? I shared a shuttle ride in Colorado with a couple of German mechanics who were in the U.S. to do testing and tweaking on the next gen Porsche Panamera. I did BITOG a solid and asked them what Porsche's preferred oil was. I fully expected it to be Castrol. Guess what. It's Mobil 1. AND, they are using lighter grade oils just like we are; even some 0W-20's.

M1 sponsors hard, it doesn't really matter Castrol or m1 as both are quality, so they use what they probably do all their testing with m1.

Similarly in racing lots of testing is with M1 and teams with different oil sponsorships are still using M1.

Want to hear something funny? I shared a shuttle ride in Colorado with a couple of German mechanics who were in the U.S. to do testing and tweaking on the next gen Porsche Panamera. I did BITOG a solid and asked them what Porsche's preferred oil was. I fully expected it to be Castrol. Guess what. It's Mobil 1. AND, they are using lighter grade oils just like we are; even some 0W-20's.

AFAIK Mobil 1 is the official Porsche oil for many years? Don't Porsches come from the factory with Mobil 1?

group 3 i think still the best for the beginning of synthetic oil
and group 4 is really cant stand longer without help group 3.

what is group 5 base actually? Ester base? never heard before about group 5

Originally Posted By: nyumski
group 3 i think still the best for the beginning of synthetic oil
and group 4 is really cant stand longer without help group 3.

What?

Originally Posted By: Thebimmerfan

AFAIK Mobil 1 is the official Porsche oil for many years? Don't Porsches come from the factory with Mobil 1?

Yup. There is a long standing relationship between Porsche and M1, so no surprise there.

Originally Posted By: Justin251
Group 5 oil has to be almost twice and good as Group 3 oil. Right?

67% more better I'd say. But only with a UOA of course.

Esters are some of my favorite compounds, especially in bananas and strawberries.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Esters are some of my favorite compounds, especially in bananas and strawberries.

I love a bit of ethyl acetate myself. But not in wine.

Now we're getting down to it - the edible oils
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: virginoil
Originally Posted By: Brayden
Who makes a true group 4 synthetic oil

True group 4.

Are there any that are false ?

Well are you to going to answer the question Brayden ?

Or just trolling ?

Either way by answer or by silence all will be confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back