MK7 GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: thr_wedge
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Also: where are the pictures?!?!

A preview pic, I'll post up some more when I get tint.

http://imgur.com/bcrXauD

Awwwww Yeah. Awesome color! Love the 4 door. Look into Opti-Coat too keep that paint shining for years.

Again, nice!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I have a 2013 GTI. Of all the cars I've owned in my life to date, my GTI is by far my favorite.

same Here!

IMG_0167_zps5bccbb88.jpg

Grats! 7th Gen Golf is really nice in all its flavors. I would want the Golf R for that traction, but ouch they cost a lot. Even my base S will spin the front wheels more often then i like.

Yeah it does but if i want to go fast and it slips, it cuts the power instantly. Golf R, specifically the DSG, would just be insane for zipping around.

Edit: It even spins my 235 45 17 geforce sports in certain situations, so its not the econ tires that come stock.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any traction issues yet. I also haven't pushed it very hard from a standstill, have the dcc which adjusts shock rates during accel, the dsg, and a vaq lsd. Even the super cheap stock tires seem adequate at the moment. I'll upgrade to pss down the road.

For detailing once I took delivery I rewashed it, clay bar, Klasse twins( aio and sg). I touch up with meguiars ultimate quick wax which is a synthetic wax atter every wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back