People running thru red lights. You ever follow th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever followed the person to their destination? I'm going to start doing this,nothing that [censored] me off more than seeing my life flash before my eyes cause some [censored] runs a red light. At least I can humiliate the person in front of their wife or husband or something, or embarrass them in front of the neighbors. I was on my way home today and I see this pickup truck probably doing 70 in a 50 to make it through the light, but wait then 3 seconds later their is a guy behind him in a dodge charger doing the same thing and my light has been green for about 2 seconds. I'm pretty sure I'd be dead if I would have went and that car t-boned me.

No. That's how road rage incidents get escalated. The other person has no idea what your intentions are and may be armed.

Honk the horn, but leave it at that. It's just not worth getting shot.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
No. That's how road rage incidents get escalated. The other person has no idea what your intentions are and may be armed.

Honk the horn, but leave it at that. It's just not worth getting shot.

Didn't think of that. I usually don't honk cause I'm too busy hitting the brakes. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP motor_oil_madman
39.gif

lol. I won't do it then. You guys have very good points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Yeah, don't get upset.

I just have to remember to look both ways when I'm the first guy to leave the line, which I normally do I just wasn't expecting the last guy to come along way behind him.

I understand where you are coming from and have had the same thoughts. Better to spend your valuable time on something more productive. Take a deep breath and go about your day.
I have the habit of looking both ways through every intersection green light or not.

Happened to me yesterday, I had both kids in the car. Green light had been on for 2 seconds, as soon as I was getting ready to go this car comes flying thru the intersection. Get mad, get over it, be glad nothing happened. These maniacs will get whats coming to them, just hope no innocent people get hurt.

I haven't followed any of them intentionally.

But the other day one blew through a red light and I saw them parking in front of the convenient store a couple of blocks down the street.

Must have been time for a Big Gulp.

What gets me going is when you waiting at a stop sign for a car to go by so you can pull out and they slow down and turn with out their blinker, about then you notice there is no way they could turn the blinker on because on hand is on the wheel and the other is holding their phone to their head.

But you guys are right, you never know who is packin' these days.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6

But the other day one blew through a red light and I saw them parking in front of the convenient store a couple of blocks down the street.

Or a cigarette.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: SilverC6

Or a cigarette.

Or McDonald's. Seriously, my parents car got T-boned by someone that "needed their coffee", at this intersection, literally stoplights right in front of McDonald's.

Originally Posted By: JR
Nathan air chime(train horn) gets them for me. Had a idiot a few months ago about stop in the interstion.
Like u hear a train and slam the brakes, lol.

Harvey

Oh! I didn't think about hitting the horn before they make it through the intersection. haha

Someone who is an alert driver actually looks to make sure the cross traffic comes to a stop before they start into the intersection. It's really not that hard, just put down your phone, pay attention, and when the light turns green look both ways before proceeding.

Engaging with a random badly behaving stranger in traffic means that you also at that moment connect your life directly with theirs. There are folks out in the world with nothing to lose that care nothing about life. You will almost certainly regret any traffic related bad behavior engagement with a stranger. 99% of the time there is only significant downside to this kind of rash action.

Instead stay cool, calm and professional - and move on.

Last edited:
No one mentioned the fact that it could be a wackazoo completely blasted on drugs. I've seen more than a handful of people blow through lights and I'm convinced that it's 60/40 drug-related to idiotic drivers. I've also seen accidents occur where drugs were clearly involved.

A. Someone could have made an honest mistake and may be alarmed that a random car is following them everywhere. This is a form of road rage/ aggression (not worth your time or anger!).

B. The guy or gal may be completely stoned out of their mind and you don't know what they're capable of. They've already made a poor judgement call driving drunk/high on top of blowing through a stop sign/ stop light. Why pressure or test someone that exhibits questionable judgement at best!

Just my two cents, there's a reason why there's a saying, "don't go looking for trouble".

EDIT: I had a random van follow me for a few miles the other day, just for giving him a polite heads up honk. I was a little alarmed by his unwarranted aggression considering I was just trying to wake him up, but you get the point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back