Japan taking over the motorcycle industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dr2152
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: whip
I posted all of those videos earlier, but those are facts, and the Harley guys don't want anything to do with facts because they put their beloved brand in a bad light...they are content living in the world of make believe...

Meanwhile you make up stories about how Harleys are over priced. It's funny how you demand others believe facts, yet deny them yourself.

You apparently haven't priced any Harleys lately...nothing made up there...

All of your prices were made up. Local dealer is offering 1k off Ultra Limited so base price is $25,999. Limited has all of the options. They had 5 for sale.

All of the prices I posted were verified by myself at a local HD dealer, but again those are facts which you aren't interested in...

'All of the prices I posted were verified by myself at a local HD dealer, but again those are facts which you aren't interested in...'

^ Yes you did....and you drove to a Harley dealer for the pricing and you had been wrong on several different models....but, good on you for admitting you were wrong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gman2304
'All of the prices I posted were verified by myself at a local HD dealer, but again those are facts which you aren't interested in...'

^ Yes you did....and you drove to a Harley dealer for the pricing and you had been wrong on several different models....but, good on you for admitting you were wrong.

So you're ignoring the fact that I corrected myself so you can make your point?

Just for the sake of accuracy, having 5 or 6 speeds in the transmission, does not in and of itself determine what the overall gear ratio is in any given gear. The primary ratio, ratio of each gear, ratio of the sprockets/pulleys/or ring and pinion, and diameter of the rear tire, are all factors in determining how fast the bike will be traveling in each gear at a given engine RPM.

All Manufacturers determine the gear ratio used for every gear, based on what they think is best for that model, and it's intended use.

There are bikes with a 5-speed transmission, which have a taller (lower numerically) overall gear ratio in top gear, than some bikes with 6 gears.

Harley's do have more accurate speedo's in my experience, than EVERY other brand of bike. All of the others DO read more optimistically. There are regulations in many countries that stipulate that the speedo cannot read slower than the vehicles true speed. As a result, manufacturers design their speedo's to read high by a certain percentage in stock form.

Speedo's reading optimistically has been a known characteristic for years, that's why devices exist to correct that error. Speedohealer, yellow box, etc.

FWIW, all of my vehicles (cars and bikes) have optimistic speedometers, as designed by the respective manufacturer.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Explain... Never mind, don't bother, I said it pages ago, I'm sure many people but not all understand, time to stop trying to explain a very simple issue and concept.

Duh, what is the issue and concept, whether a Harley will do 80?

Originally Posted By: KernelK
Explain... Never mind, don't bother, I said it pages ago, I'm sure many people but not all understand, time to stop trying to explain a very simple issue and concept.

Duh, what is the issue and concept, whether a Harley will do 80?

Lol!

link to google

Last edited by a moderator:

And then you went back and said your prices were right. Which is it?

Grampi :So you're ignoring the fact that I corrected myself so you can make your point?

^ Huh??? I just acknowledged that you said you were wrong, and then I gave you an attaboy by saying 'good on you for admitting you were wrong'. Man, you really are a 'piece of work'!

Last edited:

Everyone understands exactly what you're talking about and no one disagreed with you that it exists. No one agrees with you it is a neferious plot by Japanese motorcycle companies, or that it is even a problem.

28 pages and still if I had a motorcycle it still would be better and yours and yours and yours. It would be faster and corner better.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Wow, Alarmguy I think you could use a nap to take the edge off. The speedometer accuracy and the 5/6 speed gearbox have NO correlation. My 6-speed Honda does 70 MPH true at 75 indicated. That's 93.3% of indicated. And guess what? The odometer is less than 0.5% off. The sensor counts the distance accurately, but what's displayed on the speedometer is not. This has been the case for decades across all kinds of vehicles. Your Harley speedo is more accurate than your metric cruiser's? Great. Enjoy your warm fuzzy feelings. My BMW M3 sedan speedometer was within .5 MPH at 60. All my Japanese cars have been 2 MPH optimistic on the highway. Big deal.

Wooo. I'm Alarmguy. Look at me. My speedometer is accurate.

Wanker.

Wow, thanks for confirming what I'm saying, you have a six speed bike ...
You didn't buy a bike that sounds stressed out when it's traveling at a true 75 to 80 GPS. Well guess what??
Good for you and your 6 six speed.
There are people who spend their hard earned money that learned after they buy a 5 speed cruiser that to travel at a constant 75 to 78 MPH they have to make their speedometer say 82 to 85.
WHO THE HECK CARES IF THAT IS THE CASE? NO ONE!

Geez, what is the point your missing? It's not the speedo error, is the bike engine and the way it sounds when the speedo says 82 to 85, it's the unnatural vibrations that tell you the bike was not made to effortlessly run at these speeds.
God, grow up

Dude...you should REALLY consider seeing a qualified professional to deal with your OCD.

My highway RPMs are in a range that would have any Harley (and more than a few metric bikes) with pieces scattered everywhere...but so what? Yeah, I'm spinning 7000+RPM...but who cares?

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete

Everyone understands exactly what you're talking about and no one disagreed with you that it exists. No one agrees with you it is a neferious plot by Japanese motorcycle companies, or that it is even a problem.

No one agrees? Hmmm ... except the people and bikes I posted about, but I guess you know better.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Wow, Alarmguy I think you could use a nap to take the edge off. The speedometer accuracy and the 5/6 speed gearbox have NO correlation. My 6-speed Honda does 70 MPH true at 75 indicated. That's 93.3% of indicated. And guess what? The odometer is less than 0.5% off. The sensor counts the distance accurately, but what's displayed on the speedometer is not. This has been the case for decades across all kinds of vehicles. Your Harley speedo is more accurate than your metric cruiser's? Great. Enjoy your warm fuzzy feelings. My BMW M3 sedan speedometer was within .5 MPH at 60. All my Japanese cars have been 2 MPH optimistic on the highway. Big deal.

Wooo. I'm Alarmguy. Look at me. My speedometer is accurate.

Wanker.

Wow, thanks for confirming what I'm saying, you have a six speed bike ...
You didn't buy a bike that sounds stressed out when it's traveling at a true 75 to 80 GPS. Well guess what??
Good for you and your 6 six speed.
There are people who spend their hard earned money that learned after they buy a 5 speed cruiser that to travel at a constant 75 to 78 MPH they have to make their speedometer say 82 to 85.
WHO THE HECK CARES IF THAT IS THE CASE? NO ONE!

Geez, what is the point your missing? It's not the speedo error, is the bike engine and the way it sounds when the speedo says 82 to 85, it's the unnatural vibrations that tell you the bike was not made to effortlessly run at these speeds.
God, grow up

Dude...you should REALLY consider seeing a qualified professional to deal with your OCD.

My highway RPMs are in a range that would have any Harley (and more than a few metric bikes) with pieces scattered everywhere...but so what? Yeah, I'm spinning 7000+RPM...but who cares?

OCD? Hmmmm ... then why are you still posting about something you do not care about nor affects you? Its clear you need help...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CT8
28 pages and still if I had a motorcycle it still would be better and yours and yours and yours. It would be faster and corner better.

Yes!!! This is getting close to a record.

Last edited:
Oops! It is a record! Now in first place for the Motorcycle and Motorcycle Lubrication ...

and ... in second place of all time high is, GET THIS, (boy this will keep this subject going)
Second place of all time high number of posts, which was first until this thread...
This is an older thread, years older...

Is ... ready>>>???

Harley Owners with over 100,000 miles.

Last edited:

They were, after I went to the dealership and got the actual prices...

Which are?

Which are? [/quote]

I posted them in this thread...are you too lazy to go back and read them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back