Winter's Over, Time to Start Next Year's Firewood

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who watch PBS Woodwrights Shop, Martha Stewart, etc., AND heat your home with firewood:

From one that has cut, split, stacked, and burned a lot of wood, he's a rip off artist. However some people will fall for anyone's sales pitch.

they need a better dust extractor system
and better technique with the tiny scissors. he is twisting his hand like crazy...

Originally Posted By: tig1
From one that has cut, split, stacked, and burned a lot of wood, he's a rip off artist. However some people will fall for anyone's sales pitch.

i think around 70's-80's, there was a story about taking kids in camp trips to farms because they thought coca-cola and milk come from some machines....
those kids are now grown up with a lot of money/credit available.... chic this, chic that,
farm style furniture, weathered fake patina....

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
You guys should go to the website at the end of the video...

Shhh, that's half the fun of the posts so far!

I agree with tig1. My dad gets a whole tri axle load of logs and we just got done cutting half of it and splitting it. Dad has like 4 cords still that are well seasoned. He won't use much as he uses anthracite coal

Did you watch the video?

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Somebody's satire detector is broken.

This is that, the radio show is pretty convincing too, if you tune in halfway through a show it can take a while to realize that its not real news...
Some sample headlines.

Thursday October 29, 2015
Australian politician says use of the word 'Canadian' as derogatory term will no longer be tolerated

Thursday November 19, 2015
Canada Day watchdog wants fireworks display to happen in the afternoon

Government to spend millions baby proofing House of Commons

Thursday December 10, 2015
Canadians react to Wisconsin town removing Santa Claus from the Santa Claus Parade

And there are others who will fall for anyone's satire...

Originally Posted By: pandus13

i think around 70's-80's, there was a story about taking kids in camp trips to farms because they thought coca-cola and milk come from some machines....

coca-cola doesn't come from farms anyway
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back