Tire Sizing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
01 Tundra

Currently has 255 70 16. What is the max size...not looking to make it a monster, it needs new tires and just shopping around.

Unfortunately, no one has published a listed of how big the fenderwells are on the literally thousand of different vehicles produced over the years.

Your best bet to to find a website devoted to your vehicle and ask there.

After a quick Google search on a tundra forum it seems265 75 16 is the max for stock 16" wheels. If not stock wheels you gotta take the backpacking into play

I went from 255 70 to 265 70 on my Silverado. Just fills in the wheel well nicely, without huge error on the speedo, and without handling issues.

265 75's (and up) look goofy on 16" rims... the tire makes the rim look too small and out of proportion.

If you want to go bigger. Have someone in the drivers seat turn the wheels all the way to each side. Then look and feel with your hands how much room between the tire and obstructions like the frame. if theres more than an inch you have a lot of room. the tire diameters are then easier to judge will fit. I got 275-16 michelins on my 2wd F150xlt and they give it the look I like way better than the anemic 245's it came with and have a nice cushy ride.

Last edited:
I'd hit up a Toyota forum and look. Tire swapping is so common on pretty much every vehicle that there is a sticky about max tire size, just have to look for it. Tundratalk.net might have what you want, or perhaps toyotanation.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back