Little Red (aka my '00 VW GTI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever go into nursing... you mentioned career change a while back ?

Good to see your VW still running and about to hit 300K miles.

Started school for it but instantly landed a good paying mechanical design job. Been doing that since. No longer plan to pursue nursing.

I wish it still looked as good as it does in those pictures. I'll post some new pics later today if I have time to give her a wash.

Here's a pic I snapped a few minutes ago. You can clearly see how the paint's flaking off around the side mirror and the top of the door. I still love her though.

When you get a good VW, you get a good one! I'm surprised the paint held up that good down South like that. I had a 6 year old Chevy that was waxed/sealed religiously and had CC failure when I lived in Mississippi. I hope my 5 banger VW last as long, but not sure how long I will keep it before I tire of it, lol.

Originally Posted By: Delta
When you get a good VW, you get a good one! I'm surprised the paint held up that good down South like that. I had a 6 year old Chevy that was waxed/sealed religiously and had CC failure when I lived in Mississippi. I hope my 5 banger VW last as long, but not sure how long I will keep it before I tire of it, lol.

Little Red's been garage kept her whole life, so that's the main reason the paint has held up as well as it has.

Updating an ancient thread. I am STILL driving Little Red every day. She just hit 327k miles this week. Sadly, I think I'm going to have to replace her soon. Electrical gremlins are starting to rear their ugly heads, and she's just plain worn out. Thinking about a newish Subaru Outback, Ford Explorer, or Toyota 4 Runner to replace her. Anybody have one of those that you can recommend?

What's worse is that we can't see the pictures any more. I forget what the car looks like. Any new ones you can post? Thank you.

Dont know how to post pics here anymore. Nothing to see really though. Little Red looks the same as the last time i posted, only dirtier.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
What's worse is that we can't see the pictures any more.

I'm still seeing them just fine. You need a browser add-on to overcome Photobucket greed.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of "Little Red", my 2000 VW GTI. She was a trooper through thick and thin for over 346K miles. Surrounded by those who loved her most, she passed away peacefully at home last weekend after a long battle with transmission and electrical failure. May she forever rest in peace (or pieces).

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
RIP Little Red. 346K is a very impressive mileage.

Are you replacing it with something?

I bought a 2018 Subaru Forester. It's like a space ship compared to the tech in the old GTI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back