2017 Lexus IS facelift

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Prius makes me want to vomit it's so ugly. Although the previous ones weren't that much better either.

Sorry, I exaggerated slightly. 12 years they've looked almost the same. Or very very very similar.

Below are pictures of a 2005 BMW 5 series and a 2016 BMW. I Googled the 2017 version and it looks pretty close too.

2016-BMW-340i-M-Sport-sedan-102-876x535.jpg
[/quote]

sqie10.jpg

To me, the Germans have always been about evolution vs revolution. This can be said about BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and Volkswagen. They evolve their language to suit the current time and, at least to my eyes, are generally timeless designs.

The designs are relevant to their respective generation without dating themselves and looking "old."

I equate them to Vans or All-Stars. Old as can be design-wise, they look old, but they don't look "dated."

Compare this to a Toyota, Lexus, and most domestic cars, where old cars just look old, like a suit with shoulder pads.

Last edited:
Gross, Toyota and Lexus exterior styling has gone down the tube. Not sure how anyone could think that grill is good looking??

Looks like it has it's mouth wide open saying " can't believe they did this to me!"

18jf9fdlgmni9jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Amen Quattro Pete!!

Just looks goofy/terrible in my opinion too. Worst I have seen since the 89 Yugo
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
The ugly front just got even uglier, but that's just my subjective opinion...

Agreed, but you don't have to look at that enormous, ugly grill when you're behind the wheel, just enjoy the nice interior. Motorweek just ran a review of the new IS200t, I have to admit it sounds pretty good. They've dumped the small V6 in favor of a turbo 4, which I think is progress.

Originally Posted By: hillclimber

Agreed, but you don't have to look at that enormous, ugly grill when you're behind the wheel, just enjoy the nice interior.

But how do you walk up to it every morning? From the rear?
smile.gif

I think just the thought of knowing that hideous front is there would drive me nuts, even if I was not seeing it.

Originally Posted By: hillclimber

Agreed, but you don't have to look at that enormous, ugly grill when you're behind the wheel, just enjoy the nice interior.

But how do you walk up to it every morning? From the rear?
smile.gif

I think just the thought of knowing that hideous front is there would drive me nuts, even if I was not seeing it.

Your advantage is most vehicles on front of you will move out of your way so you can pass, you can't stand looking in the rear view mirror to see this front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back