Purolator Boss PBL25277

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made in Germany... seems to be a Mann clone, at least in this particular application.

DSC_4425.jpg

DSC_4428.jpg

I don't know much about cartridge style filters, but this one does seem to look good! It will be interesting to see one that has been used next.

Many times Purolator are equivalent to Mann. I used Purolator filters with confidence on my old E23. After all, the oil and air filter housings are stamped with Purolator!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Made in Germany... seems to be a Mann clone, at least in this particular application.....

Looking at it, I'd say it's identical to the Mann. In other words a reboxed Mann cartridge in the Puro Boss box.

In my observation, especially with low sales volume filters/cartidges, the manufacturer will re-box the OEM filter under their name. Fram has also done similar with some Euro and Hyundai/Kia applications too. As an example the Fram CH10855 for H/K applications is the re-boxed Mahle OEM cartridge. Fram has brought some of the cartridge applications in house now though and have gone to a China coo on those.

This looks to be a quality cartridge filter.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
P1020432.jpg

Cool photo ... kind of Kaleidoscope-ish.

I have bought old versions of this purolator filter, before the boss came out, aka purolator classic. It was exactly same thing. It was always a Mann filter inside the package, and earlier versions even had Mann markings on it.

"An industry-first and patent-pending design, the new
Purolator BOSS Oil Filter “Hex Box” packaging provides
more structural strength, improved product stabilization
and a visually striking brand presentation. Special foils and
finishes optimize the increased outer surface area, allowing
for greater clarity and delivery of key product facts."

From the Boss product brochure here:
http://www.pureoil.com/fileadmin/user_up...Mech_lowres.pdf

just for "fun."

Good looking filter.

Purolator would be smart to re-box German Mann filters for all their European applications.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
"An industry-first and patent-pending design, the new
Purolator BOSS Oil Filter “Hex Box” packaging provides
more structural strength, improved product stabilization
and a visually striking brand presentation. Special foils and
finishes optimize the increased outer surface area, allowing
for greater clarity and delivery of key product facts."

From the Boss product brochure here:
http://www.pureoil.com/fileadmin/user_up...Mech_lowres.pdf

just for "fun."

Part of their newly improved and patent-pending packaging was to put some catchy nebulous efficiency statement on the box instead of a real spec. Nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back