93 mercury sable unlock steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
I have a 93 mercury sable sitting out in a horse field that i picked up at a police auction. I need to move it but of course the steering wheel is locked and I have no keys. How can I unlock the steering wheel? I also have a 95 buick century, and it was relatively easy to remove the lock plate, but this ford seems to have a different design. thanks

Go to a couple of locksmiths with the VIN and papers and see if you can get a key cut off the key code (pending they can find it)

I'd try that before hacking into the column

okay I will ask this a different way.

If I drill out the ignition cylinder (so i can turn it) will that unlock the steering wheel? assuming no power.

No disrespect, but I think your original question is clear, so no need to "ask it in a different way". Michaelluscher proposed the right way to look at your dilemma. Since your not interested in that, why ask anyone? Just hammer the steering column open or have it towed out.

Originally Posted By: RudeRED
No disrespect, but I think your original question is clear, so no need to "ask it in a different way". Michaelluscher proposed the right way to look at your dilemma. Since your not interested in that, why ask anyone? Just hammer the steering column open or have it towed out.

I can buy a new key and lock cylinder on ebay all day long, not concerned about that. What I am interested in is someone who has done something similar and has been intimate with how the steering wheel lock is designed, thanks for contributing though
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back