Pirelli Cinturato Strada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Discount Tire is getting, or has had, their own exclusive version of the Cinturato P7 Plus. Renamed the Cinturato Strada, it has a similar tread pattern and mileage warranty as the P7 Plus. Limited sizes are listed so far for the Strada.

The confusing thing to me is that the reviews I read on the DT website are dated from 2011 - 2013, but today is the first time I have seen the Cinturato Strada's listed on the DT website. And, a Trademark on the name was just recently filed: https://trademarks.justia.com/869/05/cinturato-strada-all-86905870.html.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/pirelli/product/byName.do?tmn=Cinturato+Strada&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Knowing them, it will actually cost more than the regular P7
They don't make Pirellis in my car's size, so I searched for my previous car's size (VW) on their website.

Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus is $119 while this new Strada tire is $125.

What's the point if they're going to sell both? The P7+ is my favorite tire BTW.

Like the DT's Continental exclusives, compared to the EC DSW, their version was more handling, less all-season & comfort.

so, the Cinturato Strada may trade some all-season for a little better handling.,

I don't know how they can improve the handling on the P7's. Those tires transform any car, they handle amazingly.

I measured the Strada's tread depth at a solid 11/32 (this was with two different sizes, 205/55R16 and 215/60R16 and speed ratings V and H). Same size in the P7+ was measuring at 10/32. I know that the YK580, which is a Yokohama exclusive to DT/AT, also starts off at 11/32.

Right now I have the Pirelli P7+ in a 245/45R18 and have been very happy with them; I don't think I will have any reservations about using the Strada as a replacement tire.

I just put 4 new ones (Cinturato Strada) on our Cadillac DTS (235/55-17). I'll report back my impressions after a few thousand miles. I have almost 5K miles on the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus on my Explorer and like them a lot so far.

I just replaced a set of P7+ with the Strada. The Stradas are noticeably firmer. I prefer the ride from the P7+.

My last two sets of tires before the Stradas were P7+. The P7+ were the best tires I ever had on the car. The 215/60R-16 P7+ is made in two different countries: Mexico and Brazil. The P7+ from Mexico uses a polyamide belt. The P7+ from Brazil uses a nylon belt. I've had both on my car and I prefer the P7+ from Mexico.

In order of increasing ride firmness:
P7+ Mexico
P7+ Brazil
Strada

The Stradas are made in Mexico and use a polyamide belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back