Bardahl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with any Bardahl products?

I see they have an oil supplement (possibly similar to Tufoil?), a motor flush and a couple other things.

Does anyone have a VOA for the oil supplement? Or perhaps information that compares there motor flush to 5 minute?

I have used Tufoil, MMO, Riselone, BG products etc in the past, but haven't heard much about this product line.

Not familiar with their current products, but I know they have been around for many years, several decades.

Indeed Bardahl is one of the few brands, together with Liqui Moly, Xenum and Lubegard which additives work as advertised (at least for me). I have used Bardahl's Turbo Protect oil additive, their 6 in 1 oil additive also (both containing fulerene which is the second hardest compound known after diamond) and they work superbly - both additives have lowered considerably the oil temps on the track allowing me to make longer sessions. I have also used their additive for manual transmissions and it was great also. As I said - one of the few brands that have always done some perfect job.
Bardahl make some great engine oils also.

Last edited:
I never saw their B1 additive, or heard of anyone using it. It probably contains esters, they mention 'polar attraction' which seems to be a term that is gaining popularity lately. Lubegard Biotech Engine Protectant has that buried in their literature as well. Bardahl has been around forever.

Originally Posted By: Thebimmerfan
Indeed Bardahl is one of the few brands, together with Liqui Moly, Xenum and Lubegard which additives work as advertised (at least for me). I have used Bardahl's Turbo Protect oil additive, their 6 in 1 oil additive also (both containing fulerene which is the second hardest compound known after diamond) and they work superbly - both additives have lowered considerably the oil temps on the track allowing me to make longer sessions. I have also used their additive for manual transmissions and it was great also. As I said - one of the few brands that have always done some perfect job.
Bardahl make some great engine oils also.

It looks like they have a larger international presence than here in the U.S.

I am having a hard time finding most of their product line for sale through U.S. Vendors here online as well.

Thanks for the input! I had no idea they make engine oil as well. I would be very interested in that as well.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
[
http://www.bardahl.com/en/products/oil-additives/b-1-oil-supplement

A relatively new product, sorry, haven't used it (nor knew it).

Today was the first time I ever saw it. Sooner or later someone will try it and report about it.

Im shocked that more people haven't used it, especially for being a brand that has been around so long!

Is this the one oil additive never reported on in BITOG history?
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Im shocked that more people haven't used it, especially for being a brand that has been around so long!

Is this the one oil additive never reported on in BITOG history?
shocked.gif

I think the product is new, really new, as in introduced in Feb 2016. Give it some time to start appearing on store shelves.

You're probably right. It's very difficult to not stumble across some of their products even in Canada. Our Walmarts, for instance, have their special Honda compatible PSF, and anywhere that gives even lip service to power sports stuff will have some Bardahl products available.

I had no idea they make engine oil as well. I would be very interested

[/quote]

Their race oils are among the best - especially XTC and XTR series, but they're quite pricey. I even use Bardahl's marine grease for installing polyurethan bushes and it's the best that I've used.

Originally Posted By: Garak

You're probably right. It's very difficult to not stumble across some of their products even in Canada. Our Walmarts, for instance, have their special Honda compatible PSF, and anywhere that gives even lip service to power sports stuff will have some Bardahl products available.

A little investigation on Bardahl shows them to have quite a presence in the international racing community...FYI they have quite an amazing line up of calendars
wink.gif

Their race oils are among the best - especially XTC and XTR series, but they're quite pricey. I even use Bardahl's marine grease for installing polyurethan bushes and it's the best that I've used.

How much are they going for there? Some high performance oils here in the U.S. will run up to $20 USD (about 18 euro if my math is right) per quart. But then again, if you invest 100k+ in a performance racing vehicle, what is 20 bucks quart right?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/297281/1

Thanks for the info.

The links in this thread are broken, (404 not found) but there does seem to be some interesting information there.

It seems to be some great stuff and have some real anti wear potential! Why aren't more people using this??
confused.gif

Last edited:
little investigation on Bardahl shows them to have quite a presence in the international racing community...FYI they have quite an amazing line up of calendars
wink.gif

I'm fairly certain that when I was a kid, the dirtbikes got nothing but Bardahl two cycle oil, which says something, given that my dad had working relationships with Imperial Oil and Shell distributors, too, and obviously chose to forego their products. They were sponsors in Formula 1 some years back, too.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I see why you did not provide a link to Bardahl's calendars, you'd get another vaca
laugh.gif

I wanted to...but I figured that would send me on a permanent vacation to the leper colony of no return
wink.gif

BTW I love your signature. My buddy back in Texas races spec class miatas and he has his car branded with a Brawndo sticker. Why? Because it has the electrolytes that plants crave!
cool.gif

Welcome to Costco...I love you...
crackmeup2.gif

But as far as Bardahl goes, I am currently looking for a US vendor that carries their products and will be ordering some of the oil supplement and engine flushes. Very excited to see how they work in the Dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back