Premium Guard Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
All - I have a Parts Plus PH820 made in Korea. It was a substitution made by Amazon.

The filter looks like the STP Extended Life filter sold by AutoZone.

Were you trying to get a Champ filter? That happened to me once, I sent the Korean Parts Plus back because I was looking for Champs exclusively.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
Were you trying to get a Champ filter? That happened to me once, I sent the Korean Parts Plus back because I was looking for Champs exclusively.

CQ Red
smile.gif

Quote:
....The filter looks like the STP Extended Life filter sold by AutoZone....

Looking at it, thinking same thing. Be willing to bet made by same manufacturer. Same recommended interval. The AZ STP EL box rating is 99%>20um 4548-12. Not shabby. Don't see one on the PG box.

In my observation the made in Korea oil filters (including cartridges) generally appear to be higher quality than the made in China filters.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck

Yes. I previously purchased PH820 from Rock Auto and they were close outs with the old tube design. I thought I might get a new Champ Labs PH820 from Amazon to see if it had the improved core design. The Parts Plus came instead. Since it was part of a larger order, I did not want to return it thinking I might lose the free shipping. Also, the Parts Plus has the silicone ADBV and a separate bypass valve. Almost an M1 clone.

I may just run the filter when it's turn comes up. When I do, I will do a cut & post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back