Grease for Craftsman Snow Thrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking to do some maintenance on my snow thrower and was looking for some advice.
To lubricate the auger shaft fittings, I need either Lubriplate GR 132 grease or Mobilux EP1. Since I do not have these items locally, can you recommend and alternative?
Thanks in advance
George

The auger shaft fittings that only turns when you shear the shear bolts? The grease is only to keep it from rusting solid, so what ever grease is in your grease gun will be fine. Or you referring to the end of the shaft that turns all the time? Either way, it is not critical, what ever you have will work just fine.

Last edited:
Is this for the worm gear box or for the shaft that the auger halves ride on. Some have grease fittings there to keep the augers from rusting onto the shaft.

**EDIT- you beat me to it old1!

Last edited:
Im referring to the end of the shaft that turns constantly. They recommend every year to grease with some type of lubricant.
Is there an equivalent I can pick up at home depot or lowes?

Originally Posted By: GGorman04
Im referring to the end of the shaft that turns constantly. They recommend every year to grease with some type of lubricant.
Is there an equivalent I can pick up at home depot or lowes?
Wally world sells grease. I use a brand called "Guardian" for simple stuff. The 5 oz Lucas cardboard tubes don't fit in my grease gun. Guardian does.

Last edited:
The worm gear boxes now are filled with 000 grease. Mine just has a plastic plug where the grease zerk use to be. The 000 is just about a liquid.

Lubriplate GR132 is a lithium based NLGI 1 grease. You should be able to find a grease of this type at any automotive or farm implement store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back