Anybody have experience with Lubrication Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an "American" synthetic (API) so it can be anything. It's prolly just highly refined oil. That's not bad, and in fact I like Iso-Syn oils. Sort of the best of both worlds. Good dino properties, and reasonable synthetic like characteristics.

But, if you want real synthetic oils, you have to go by Euro labeling standards...

I've never used LE engine oils, but I'm familiar with the company from my days in the power generation industry. If LE's engine oils are anything like their industrial products, use with confidence.

Thought I read long ago that some auto makers used Lubrication Engineer motor oil when conducting EPA mileage test.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
That's an "American" synthetic (API) so it can be anything. It's prolly just highly refined oil. That's not bad, and in fact I like Iso-Syn oils. Sort of the best of both worlds. Good dino properties, and reasonable synthetic like characteristics.

But, if you want real synthetic oils, you have to go by Euro labeling standards...

Real synthetic oils go Euro.
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
A forum user, who manages a fleet, wrote he used their motor oil product fleet wide with success. I use their grease, and believe it's second to none.

Here is a snippet from a private discussion with an old-timer here years ago:

"Some would disagree with me, actually most on BITOG would disagree with me on this, but I believe LE (Lubrication Engineers) makes a better product than either Schaeffer's or Amsoil. I worked for Pennzoil for 21 years and LE was one of my main competitors when I was in commercial/industrial sales. I could never switch an LE account over to my product line. It was easy to get a Schaeffer's account. Since retirement I have had several chances to visit the LE corporate headquarters in Ft. Worth, TX and tour their manufacturing facility in Wichita, KS. They are truly a first class operation."

Originally Posted By: gmh101357
Oils? I was reading some test on it and looks superior to Mobil 1 I'm using now....

Which oil tests?

I've read LE 1604 and 1605 GL5 gear oil specs online and I'm impressed ...... and 'imagining' LE users must be enjoying components longevity , and LE don't play CAFE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back