How do you feel about castrol edge 0w30 for a z06

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2009 z06 with the 7.0 engine with 16,000 miles. just did an oil change with castrol edge 0w30. the engine is dry sump and holds 11 quarts. how do you feel about this oil for this engine?

out of warranty due to it being 7 years old. no track use, just sprinted street driving at times. what interval would you change it at, considering i only drive it a few weekends a month?

Originally Posted By: Jetstreamz06
out of warranty due to it being 7 years old. no track use, just sprinted street driving at times. what interval would you change it at, considering i only drive it a few weekends a month?

My car is garaged for a total of none months out of the year, and I stick to 1yr intervals.

The Castrol will work fine. I would drive that beast more often though.

11 quarts?
crazy2.gif

The Edge 0w30 is great stuff, but with that much oil, you should stock up on Napa Synthetic which is on sale for $2.99/qt this month. It's rebranded Synpower and meets dexos1 standards
smile.gif

And yes, 11 quarts. Factory says 5w30 or 15w50 for track events.

If an ILSAC 5w-30 is robust enough for track use, then I cannot see an issue with an A3/B4 0w-30.

The Castrol Syntec 0w30 would be fine for street use. It's almost a 40-weight.

Change it according to the Oil Life Monitor. Castrol 0w30 is a long life oil, and could go 10,000+ miles, but the OLM will probably signal for a change at 7500 miles.

Love the color on your car!

Last edited:
0W-30 or 0/5W-40's. I like the fact that the stronger 30 grades and weak 40 grades give a little more room for error than the standard PP/Castrol/M1 5w-30's. 0w-40 is a popular choice among enthusiasts for the LS engines. And being in Georgia, you have even more reason to run a slightly stronger oil than us northerners. My preference is the M1 0w-40 because it's easy to find and typically on sale for $2.00-$2.50/qt during the year.

Nice car. You are doing fine. Get what's readily available in your chosen grade and cruise on. That thing will last many, many years at that rate. All good. 20 years from now, it'll be a vintage classic Vette
laugh.gif

And yes, 11 quarts. Factory says 5w30 or 15w50 for track events.

I would probably compromise between those two viscosities and use a good, stout 0W-40.
wink.gif
19.gif

And YES, that blue (was it called Electron Blue, or something else?) is STUNNING!
20.gif

Were those 'spider' wheels standard (or even optional) on the '09 Z06es, or did you change to them?

Many 4th gen f body owners use that same exact style wheel, but from aftermarket manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back