Goodyear Viva 3 or Yokohama AVID Touring - S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Would you consider General RT43s? They are probably in the price range and I feel is a better tire than both of your options.
Yes, that's what I'm going to try to get, the Yokohamas are the backup tires

Well I went into Discount Tire and General Altimax RT43's were only $77 each, so I ordered 4. There will be a $75 mail in rebate for 4 "Better" tires, a $60 rebate for financing them, and a $50 General rebate. So 4 tires will be $218 out the door, but I'm going to get the warranties so that'll be $56 extra.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Well I went into Discount Tire and General Altimax RT43's were only $77 each, so I ordered 4. There will be a $75 mail in rebate for 4 "Better" tires, a $60 rebate for financing them, and a $50 General rebate. So 4 tires will be $218 out the door, but I'm going to get the warranties so that'll be $56 extra.

You wont regret it!

You wont regret it!

The tires or the warranty? Is the warranty really worth it, that's the gist of my question?

Originally Posted By: RevelationLion

You wont regret it!

The tires or the warranty? Is the warranty really worth it, that's the gist of my question?
My family and myself have used Discount Tire's road hazard warranty more times than I can count. Got 1 tire free replacement on the Trailblazer from a Michelin sidewall crack, 2 tires free on the Jeep for a sidewall puncture and a blowout, got all 4 tires replaced for free on my previous VW under the roadhazard warranty, my dad has lost 2 BFG's on his FJ Cruiser from punctures off-road and they replaced them free, and he has had probably 7 trailer tires replaced free with the warranties.

Well worth it.

Originally Posted By: RevelationLion

You wont regret it!

My family and myself have used Discount Tire's road hazard warranty more times than I can count. Got 1 tire free replacement on the Trailblazer from a Michelin sidewall crack, 2 tires free on the Jeep for a sidewall puncture and a blowout, got all 4 tires replaced for free on my previous VW under the roadhazard warranty, my dad has lost 2 BFG's on his FJ Cruiser from punctures off-road and they replaced them free, and he has had probably 7 trailer tires replaced free with the warranties.

Well worth it.

Good to know. I bought 5 Hankook's recently thru Discount Tire Direct but declined the warranty. I will call back and add it on. They were offering it to me for $35.

Since this thread has been brought back from the dead, how are the tires holding up?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Since this thread has been brought back from the dead, how are the tires holding up?
smile.gif

The tires are holding up great. Have a little over 14k miles on them now, I rotated the first and 2nd time at 7k miles. Will do 5k mile rotations from here on out. Need to rotate left to right though, they have a tiny bit of road noise on the highway on certain types of pavement. That should quiet them down. They're at 8/32" of tread, started out with 10/32". So they're wearing maybe a little fast, but not too bad. I keep the pressure around 37, Toyota recommends 32 I think. Very smooth, but handling isn't that great. They kind of feel like they're made of Jello. But it's an old Camry so I don't care about handling.

Overall I give them an 8/10-9/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back