Laser scope on a Henry .22?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a gun club today.they were having a shooting fair. My wife shot a .22 rifle simmiliar to my Henry H001. Now she wants a laser scope on it.

The spot to mount a scope on the Henry is skinnier than most other guns. We went to 2 gun stores on the way home and neither could help us.

There has to be some sort of adapter to use a wider scope mount on a Henry? Ideas? I searched the www and didn't find anything

Do you mean you want to mount a red dot sight of some kind?

I've used BKL scope mounts on several of my rifles and they are fantastic. They make a rimfire dovetail-to-Picatinny adapter. Check this out
BKL scope mounts

I hope that helps.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
She said she could see the laser dot on the target

You'll have to ask her for a better explanation. It sounds like she was looking through a red dot sight where a red (or green) dot is projected inside of the optic onto the lens that you're looking through. Take her to a firearms store and have her look through one to verify.

After that you'll just have to do a search for red dot sights that fit the .22 dovetail mounts on your rifle, or buy adapters for a Weaver base.

If you really want to mount a laser onto the rifle, you'll have to find one that clamps onto the barrel, as anything mounted on top of the receiver will obstruct the sight picture.

My family drop out of the ffl game a few years ago. I am not uptodate in this market.
I have a variety of small riffles. 22short/long/lr, 22lr/mag, 22hornet, ect.
Some have optics and i have both red dot and laser.

I believe you may be looking for a rimfire sight rail mount.
I am a fan of see thru mounts also.

Harvey

I think you are using the wrong terminology.

Perhaps you are referring to a reflex sight commonly referred to as a "red dot sight" or perhaps a scope with an illuminated reticle?

Never heard of a laser scope.

If it looked like a regular scope, it was probably one with an illuminated reticle.

Look through this page of illuminated reticle scopes and see if one tickles your fancy.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetLocati...%3D1%26Ntpr%3D1

Or this page which lists red dot sights:

https://www.midwayusa.com/red-dot-sights/br?cid=11757

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back