Marvel Mystery oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth about $190/gallon around here.

That's my break-even point on it per gallon based on how much extra mileage I can get from using 3oz/10 gallons as a fuel additive, and gasoline at $2.29/gallon.

Works great in our older high mileage cars, boosting about 3mpg/gallon in my SUV. I have seen some smaller walmarts shrinking their auto selections; must be those stores. I know one locally doing that where I picked up some Fram Ultras for $4.50/ea. I'll hit that up tomorrow. Thanks for the tip, OP.

Last edited:
I will be the first to admit, MMO is pretty much useless. Its red, and it smells neat I guess. The only things I used it for was air tool lube when I ran out of other stuff, and it makes a surprisingly good piston assembly lube when putting engines together. We used either old oil cans cut in half, or other similar container, put in about 3/4 inch of MMO, and dip the piston head in it and swirl it around to get the rings soaked well, and put it in the bore. Rings and bores seated very well with MMO.

I use it off and on. makes my injectors a bit quieter in my truck but any oil does so no breakthrough there. I ran it in my snowblower two seasons ago just for kicks and I did go through about 30 tanks with no fuel issues but who's to say that I would have had any without it.

I purposely clogged my fuel prefilter solid with mmo and seafoam but I did a week of one then the other so no real data their either. The one isolated incident was a full tank of Highway in my car with it and without in alberta so the terrain was the same both ways. I got 3 mpg calculated better with mmo in it.

I do a piston soak with it on my triumph, each fall when I put it away for the winter.

I consider it an UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back