Husqvarna XP vs Low Smoke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys I can get Husky oil from the dealer at a good price. He has XP that Husky refers to as their best oil or I can get Low Smoke which is JASO FD certified. Which one do you choose if the price is the same? The MSDS shows that they have the same base components but at different mixtures.

XD MSDS

Low Smoke MSDS

From the Husky website: Link

Husqvarna XP Professional Performance 2-stroke engine oil - For the most demanding applications. This is a synthetic blend designed for tough professional useage.

Husqvarna Low Smoke 2-stroke engine oil - This is a high perfomance oil for the demanding prosumer as well as consumer use. This is a semi synthetic blend that also offers a noticeable reduction in exhuast smoke.

Based on their wording I would use the XP if it didnt cost too much..and I would run it at 32:1

I have used Echo, Stihl and Husky oils and cannot tell a difference in any of them.

Last edited:
I doubt it really matters. Which MSRP is higher? If they cost you the same, I'd choose that one and run it at the recommended 50:1.

Personally, I like running the Amsoil Sabre a bit thin, around 60-70:1. Everything I've run like that has seemed very happy, plus less smoke, plus lower fuel costs.

Originally Posted By: buck91
I doubt it really matters. Which MSRP is higher? If they cost you the same, I'd choose that one and run it at the recommended 50:1.

Personally, I like running the Amsoil Sabre a bit thin, around 60-70:1. Everything I've run like that has seemed very happy, plus less smoke, plus lower fuel costs.

MSRP on the XP oil is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back