Post your latest beer consumption

IMG_20160419_185658a.jpg

A popular brew in New Zealand is Tui India Pale Ale, a bit sweet for me, but it's often on the menu and I don't say no, and even buy it myself sometimes.

Boundry Road Brewery is my favorite craft brewer, although now owned by one of the big boys, they are still allowed to do their thing. So today got their India Pale Ale - on the back they have mumbo jumbo (their words) explaining about India Pale Ale. Brewed in England it had extra hops to last the voyage, and other stuff. So this stuff is really hoppy, most hopped beer I've ever tasted....not sure I like it at this stage (half a glass), but as with other Boundry Road beers, by the time I've got through a 6 pack I'm liking it. Make a Tui look pretty weak.

Victory Brewery Helles Lager: ABV 4.8%. Best beer I have ever had and I go waaaaay back. But then again I prefer a pale lager.

VL_Bottle_WEB-reflectionTrans.png

Mickeys Fine Malt Liquor- Been pretty hot here lately and doing some yard work and garden work..Mickeys has been hitting the spot very well. I am at about .87 per bottle and may be my new current 'working beer'

Found this beer at my local wal-mart..elusive to find except for poorer parts of town.

Yeah, it's very good even in the lil' "grenade looking bottles". Local place near me has it in regular bottles and 40ounce

Getting that time of year for frosty red ones.

Currently liking the Michelob Cactus Lime with Clamato juice or Mr & Mrs T Bloody Mary Mix.

I have some plastic mugs that are liquid lined I keep in the freezer.

Whew, be sure to drink it moderately quick while it's still ice cold. Because once it loses a few degree it's hard to drink. I like the Light version and had a Black and Tan last night. Not bad for only a buck a can for a pint. I think I'm going to go here in a little bit and get a sampler flight. Most samples are $1.25 when you get 5 of them.

http://thebrewkettle.com/shop/ontap.asp

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 3for3
My favorite beer at the moment: Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.

I tried their 90 Minute Imperial IPA which was 9% the other day. Very good but boy was it STRONG. Almost like a bourbon ale mixed with an IPA. Good sipping beer. I still need to try the 60 Minute.

Last edited:
Probably my favorite so far. A point or two higher than Two Hearted Ale imo. I also want to try Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Probably my favorite so far. A point or two higher than Two Hearted Ale imo. I also want to try Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA.

Forgot to quote the text:

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
New Holland Mad Hatter IPA

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/335/2904/

My new favorite, kind of a sweet grapefruit taste upfront with a clean, crisp finish. Made a previous favorite taste horrible in comparison.

"SatinSilver -I tried their 90 Minute Imperial IPA which was 9% the other day. Very good but boy was it STRONG. Almost like a bourbon ale mixed with an IPA. Good sipping beer. I still need to try the 60 Minute. [/quote]

I had the 90 Minute over the weekend, it has to much alcohol taste for me. I will stick with the 60 Minute.

IMG_4419_zpsn6ebhsxj.jpg

Last edited:
Back