***Official Member Picture Thread***

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just hiding the identity of the company I work for as I'm not sure they'd like their logo displayed in this manner

Wearing a couple pieces of employer emblazoned gear at a hunting camp...you're that guy, huh?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just hiding the identity of the company I work for as I'm not sure they'd like their logo displayed in this manner

Wearing a couple pieces of employer emblazoned gear at a hunting camp...you're that guy, huh?
wink.gif

Yup, LOL!!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
image_zpslqw3bteq.jpeg

Dalhousie Castle, Scotland just before the wedding.

The car is a '56 Bentley. You knew it wouldn't be an ordinary ride to the church...

image_zpswtvcosgh.jpeg

At a friend's retirement ceremony last month, in which I was MC, held at the Virginia Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach. The P-40 Warhawks is among my favorites. I would have chosen the F-4U Corsair - but it was flying at the Ocean Air Show that day.

Cheers,
Astro

These are really nice photos.

Originally Posted By: obbop
Disgruntled Old Coot huddled in a hovel, a shanty atop the cultural backwater of the Ozark Plateau was in a picture posting mood so wandered over yonder 'cross the holler and ended up here.

mehandomchincontemplative.jpg

Pondering in the shanty

onetrucker_zps21d92cc4.jpg

Long-haul trucking days in the late 1970s

CootClinicalStudiesCenter.jpg

You DO have your own clinical studies center, I hope.

img297.jpg

A rarity the Old Man brought back with him when I was 6 or so years old

mefistsinair.jpg

Always ready to defend the shanty.

Funny! Where in MO are you? I love that part of the country. My motorcycle club has a rally at Bull Shoals Lake every September.

Memphis, early 2016. Hey Astro - the guy 2nd from left is a retired F-14 aviator!
LYbdyPS.jpg

I'm in the middle. Cockpit of a 1966 Boeing 727-100.
8bDuHzE.jpg

Blue Ridge Parkway, near Asheville, NC, 2008
MN59L05.jpg

Memphis, ~ 2010. We ran across this hog while dirt bike riding. He looked like he'd seen better days.
PUUvCqM.jpg

Trying out new Dan Wesson Heritage RZ-45
drTiF4y.jpg

Cockpit of an AtlasAir 747-400F, Memphis, 2012
OEL9SRe.jpg

Somewhere in East Tennessee, 2011
aM9UNJU.jpg

Navigating a rock garden at Raccoon Mountain, Chattanooga, 2015
K1qdZoX.jpg

Me and a couple of good sport bike riding buds, Push Mountain, north-central Arkansas, ~ 2010
Efbp4UR.jpg

Sylamore Trail 25K trail race, north-central Arkansas, Feb. 2016
ncGhtoy.jpg

ME-262, National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, June 2015
xFI1JvB.jpg

Ah, you've been to the Pensacola museum! One of the world's great aviation museums. I was there last fall with Mrs. Astro (a Captain in the USN) and we had a great visit...

The Blue Angels Atrium...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Ah, you've been to the Pensacola museum! One of the world's great aviation museums. I was there last fall with Mrs. Astro (a Captain in the USN) and we had a great visit...

The Blue Angels Atrium...

Love that place! I had to go back for a 2nd day just so I could see everything. Still didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Astro,

You look like the actor James Woods.

Well...we share the same affinity for cigars...but beyond that...I don't know...

Astro14,
I have been to the Naval Aviation Museum three times. I flew as an engine mech on the PTV Neptune with VP11 in the mid 60's. At one time they had a P2V right behind the maim building, but I noticed it had been moved to a back lot later. Anyway, thanks for your post.

Photo from interview at the local Vet's Day parade. Still happy with the AC/Delco filters. I can find the Made in USA version locally. Switch to straight dino oil. Weather conditions not extreme enough here to demand the more expensive fancy high-tech lubricants. Still unsure about adding goop to the fuel to keep the injectors clean. Strictly a Tier One gas buyer. And you determine if I am cuter than you...

Haha moving houses FTW, wife found photos on (some of) my Toranas.

The first pic is in thread, with me in it...that was a 1973 XU-1 Torana...if I'd kept it would have half paid for the new house...was worth not much in 1993.

This was my 1991 fleet (3 off)

Back