Wix 57035

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIX Filters - 57035 Heavy Duty Spin-On Lube Filter
Made In China

Amazon says this. Is it true?

One amazon reviewer (51plymouth) said the filter he got was actually made in USA, not China as noted by the amazon info.

YMMV

Thanks, I'll have to read up on it.
If it's China I'll pass
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
One amazon reviewer (51plymouth) said the filter he got was actually made in USA, not China as noted by the amazon info.

YMMV

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Made In China

Well, just so happens I removed a 57035 from my Simplicity when I changed its oil yesterday. Went out and double checked.....can says made in U.S.A.

On the other hand, if you're considering a 57035, might I suggest instead a Wix 51056 as an alternative. Essentially the same size filter (the 51056 is 0.4" taller, but that's the only dimension that's different between the two)--same gasket size, etc.

But the 51056 has a nominal micron rating of 21 microns while the 57035 has a nominal micron rating of 32. Personally, I changed to the 51056 given its supposed slightly better filtering ability and it cost the same.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
As far as I know all the spin ons are usa made. I've used Wix fuel and transmission filters that were China COO before

The Wix 57561 spin-on for my friend's 2011 Audi shows Product of Mexico on the filter at my local O'Reilly.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
As far as I know all the spin ons are usa made. I've used Wix fuel and transmission filters that were China COO before

The Wix 57561 spin-on for my friend's 2011 Audi shows Product of Mexico on the filter at my local O'Reilly.

Very Interesting.

Thank you. That will still fit as I'm limited in Working room.

Originally Posted By: DaleRider
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Made In China

Well, just so happens I removed a 57035 from my Simplicity when I changed its oil yesterday. Went out and double checked.....can says made in U.S.A.

On the other hand, if you're considering a 57035, might I suggest instead a Wix 51056 as an alternative. Essentially the same size filter (the 51056 is 0.4" taller, but that's the only dimension that's different between the two)--same gasket size, etc.

But the 51056 has a nominal micron rating of 21 microns while the 57035 has a nominal micron rating of 32. Personally, I changed to the 51056 given its supposed slightly better filtering ability and it cost the same.

Majority of Wix/NG spin on filters are made in the US. Several applications like the 5/1334 are made in Mexico. Having used and dissected NG's from both I experienced no drop off in quality in the latter.

Further, looking at other Wix/(NG) applications including but not limited to the 5/7356 (US)which I purchased recently, it appears Amazon is incorrectly listing China as the coo for every application. Conclusion, Amazon listing for Wix/(NG) coo highly unreliable as a source of information.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Majority of Wix/NG spin on filters are made in the US. Several applications like the 5/1334 are made in Mexico. Having used and dissected NG's from both I experienced no drop off in quality in the latter.

Yeah, Wix #51334 and NAPA Gold #1334 are made in Mexico, and the quality seems to be the same as the US made filters.

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back