Pronto Cabin Filter PC5685 (rockauto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a risk and bought this cabin filter for my escape as the price was attractive ($7) and I have been having terrible luck with cabin filters lately. Now was the time to try something new.

I wish I took pics before installing but it is a really well constructed filter. it was made in China just like the Fram it replaced. It was very rigid and didn't feel flimsy at all. The filter box said their filters meet or exceed all manufacturer requirements. It was not paper thin media you could see through like a fiberblass furnace filter like other cabin filters I have seen lately (Mazda OEM as one).

I may just try their engine air filters one day.

PC5685.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, you'll have to get back to us after some miles and see if it actually catches anything. May look good but the filtering is unknown.

I've posted previously about how impressed I was with the Pronto cabin filter quality for my Sedona. Built like a tank, fit perfectly. After 10k miles, I just vacuumed a bunch of debris out of it. It's holding up just fine, and I'd buy again! IIRC it was the cheapest option at the time on RA.

Just replaced all mine with the Pronto filters in the Jettas - got 4 activated charcoal filters for the price of just one Mann. They look great - I end up having to replace mine often due to mice making nests on top of the filter every year.

Cabin filter isn't as importance as some think it is.

Before 1990 there wasn't many vehicles with cabin filter, how did we survived without it then ?

When you are outside of your vehicle how cabin filter in your vehicle protect you ? Most of the time of any day you are not in your car, did you wear a protective mask to shield the outdoor air pollution getting into your lung ?

Yes I do change cabin filter once in a while, but I don't buy most expensive cabin filter from dealer.

I thought the cabin filter's purpose is to protect the fan motor from getting gunked up. I have never noticed cleaner air from any cabin air filter.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Cabin filter isn't as importance as some think it is.

Before 1990 there wasn't many vehicles with cabin filter, how did we survived without it then ?

When you are outside of your vehicle how cabin filter in your vehicle protect you ? Most of the time of any day you are not in your car, did you wear a protective mask to shield the outdoor air pollution getting into your lung ?

Yes I do change cabin filter once in a while, but I don't buy most expensive cabin filter from dealer.

Not the topic. take it elsewhere.

I have been using nothing but Pronto cartridge oil filters on my Cruze, and just recently installed a Pronto engine air filter. Other than being clean, it was difficult to discern any difference between the Pronto and the Mahle it replaced.

Pronto Engine and cabin air filters are quite nice. I've been using them the past 2 yrs and they've performed as expected. For the price on RockAuto, I've stocked up on them. They are well built and sturdy, nothing "cheap" about them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back