More destruction ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...another May Day "celebration" today in the fine city of Seattle.

I wonder how many business owners will have windows shattered and vehicles vandalized?

It would be appropriate if these folks that own these businesses be allowed to stand out front with a shotgun and shoot anyone that decides to harm them or the business property. The police are almost useless due to constraints by the doofus Mayor.

http://mynorthwest.com/280560/seattle-police-prepared-may-day-anarchist-march/

Looting, rioting and arson in the name of Peaceful Protests....
smirk.gif

Why does the NW part of the USA have these idiot hippies ?

A shotgun applied correctly would certainly reduce the nonsense. Destroying people's stuff sounds pretty cool until internal organs see daylight for the first time.

The leech class that always wants something more, and expects everyone else to pay for it.

Nothing new to see here.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Looting, rioting and arson in the name of Peaceful Protests....
smirk.gif

Why does the NW part of the USA have these idiot hippies ?

We have a culture up here that has been highly accepting of the leftist attitudes ever since the 1960's. I would say that during that decade, Seattle was heavily influenced by what was going on down in 'frisco. Our landscape also attracted many nature lovers that have tended to lean a particular direction. That followed with government leaders being elected that are highly liberal in nature, reflecting the constituency of much of the city.

Yes, it's a sad thing what has become of Seattle. When I was a kid, it was a very nice place. Yes, hippies were around but they were minor. But by the late 70's and early 80's these same hippies got into politics.

Originally Posted By: hatt
A shotgun applied correctly would certainly reduce the nonsense. Destroying people's stuff sounds pretty cool until internal organs see daylight for the first time.

I agree 100%.

The funniest thing about all of this is that the people who think riots and burning down businesses is just beautiful self expression were also wanting bombs dropped on protesters who occupied a .gov building in the middle of nowhere.

I think the non-stop TV coverage by the Seattle stations of these masked hoodlums is a major part of the problem. The presence of a camera crew seems to embolden these publicity seekers. The reporters at times become the "story" when they are are knocked down, pepper sprayed, or a news van is heavily vandalized (with a reporter inside, no less).

One of the funnier moments from a couple of years ago caught by a local camera crew in downtown Seattle was a group of "anarchists" marching down the sidewalk trashing anything in sight, breaking windows of businesses, etc. Until they came to a large clothing store that had about six security guards out front. Not your typical retired guy or college kid in a windbreaker, but very large Pacific Islanders. Like NFL defensive line big. Oddly enough, the kids quickly passed by them and didn't utter a word.

The funniest thing about all of this is that the people who think riots and burning down businesses is just beautiful self expression were also wanting bombs dropped on protesters who occupied a .gov building in the middle of nowhere.

About as hilarious as people who think misguided window-smashers should be murdered with shotguns. At least the only thing that actually happens is internet whining and grandstanding behind anonymity:

Originally Posted By: andrewg

I agree 100%.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

About as hilarious as people who think misguided window-smashers should be murdered with shotguns. At least the only thing that actually happens is internet whining.

Go on. I'm not seeing the correlation.

Plenty of the hip/hop/flip/flop hipsters from the PNW and SF have invaded Austin as well. The active activist crowd likes to regularly protest about the latest leftist cause de jour. Further, the local political class has always been jealous of the PNW with their trains, eco-causes, high-density development, and bike lanes everywhere.

Result is routine, massive traffic jams on top of poor infrastructure, rising tax rates to fund the Grand Vision of The Annointed, increased crime downtown, and a big hit on the artsy-fartsy art/musician crowd because they can no longer afford the rent nor the property tax. Thus leading to the new mantra: AFFORDABLE HOUSING!

Victimized by their own success and policies they voted for, but didn't think through.

Be Careful What You Wish For: You Just Might Get It.

Welcome To The New World Order: In-your-face-style Disorder! NOW!

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

About as hilarious as people who think misguided window-smashers should be murdered with shotguns. At least the only thing that actually happens is internet whining and grandstanding behind anonymity:

Originally Posted By: andrewg

I agree 100%.

You seem to be minimization the destruction of property and a business owners livelihood.

In at least one state that I know of, if a thief comes onto your property and steals something, you have the right to shoot them.

Calling a scum-bag anarchist wanna-be a "misguided window-smasher" is what would be hilarious if it wasn't for the cost to businesses and individuals trying to make a living.

A person, in my opinion, should have the right to protect life and property with a shotgun if necessary.

May Day, Fight for $15, BLM marches, Occupy Wall Street, anti 1% protests.....

Maybe if these idiots had a job they would not be milling around and causing trouble.

Maybe if these idiots had a job they would not be milling around and causing trouble.

I have been told that many of these protesters are actually bussed in. So they are "professional" anarchists I guess.

It's always amusing how they are so brave when they destroy property that they wear a scarf across the face so they won't be recognized.

The National Guard should probably be on standby, and the policy should be clear: rioters will be shot on sight.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
The National Guard should probably be on standby, and the policy should be clear: rioters will be shot on sight.

That would be my dream solution.

I am NOT defending them for what they did (YES, it deserves a 'lead meal'), but, maybe, just maybe, they would/could have those said jobs to keep them out of this "trouble and milling around" IF the right wing, T.P. pols would stop rewarding those who send EVERY job off shore, as a matter of 'free trade' principal.
21.gif

And yes, this STILL happens even when the corporate tax rates AND regulations are almost non-existent here, due to EXCESSIVE greed on the companies'/shareholders' parts, so don't blame the 'd***ed librals' for this.
31.gif

I sure hope no one is naive enough to believe that only the right wing supports big corporations, bad trade deals, or offshoring jobs! One has only to read where the money comes from to discover that the biggest lefties support the exact same things.

Our welfare policies have created this issue. We now have an entire underclass to exploit. Paying folks to protest is exploitation at its finest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back