CarQuest #84045, 600 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter was off a 2014 "old body style" Impala at our work. One of the guys accidentally put 6 gallons of Sunoco auto diesel in. Got almost back to shop after diluting rest of it with gas. Dropped tank and replaced fuel pump and changed out spark plugs and fresh load of ECO POWER 5w30 by safety Kleen and a champ labs PH 500 and good to go. I drove it for about a week and put some serious miles on it then changed oil again. Looks good considering and it reeked bad of diesel. I am gonna guess this is NOT a CQ "BLUE" since it doesn't have wore backed media, but does have a silicon ADBV. The damage is from me also so I apologize up front.

2llosqr.jpg

2q1yuki.jpg

zlrbx5.jpg

291yujm.jpg

1zdsvab.jpg

291yujm.jpg

291yujm.jpg

vihfye.jpg

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
car51-that is a CQ Blue, they don't have wire backed media-it's a blend, like a Mobil 1 filter. Looks good, though.
Does that depend on the application though? The CQ Blues I have for my PSD are wire-backed:

x0rv1G.jpg

Is this "guy" the same one who is opening Purolator filters with "tears?" Would make a lot of sense...
43.gif

But seriously, filter looks good for a budget jobber. Thanks for the pictures!

Originally Posted By: jk_636
Is this "guy" the same one who is opening Purolator filters with "tears?" Would make a lot of sense...

Yes, hammer on one of the guys that dutifully opens filters from every brand, day after day after day, and posts the results for us to look at. Maybe you can criticize people in the UOA section for posting their data, too.

+1 Garak.

I appreciate all of car51's posts. Every one of them has a story to tell about filters.

Car51 - thanks for the continued stream of well done cut and posts. This helps separate the good from the bad.

Thanks for posting.

Yes, it is a blue. The CQ filters aren't wire-backed. They're more like the M1. The CQ Red filters will have red writing on them, and the part number will start with an R, in your case the part number would be R84045.

The HD diesel filters are different and more often wire-backed, which is why PSD's filter has it.

Thanks gentlemen and we know who jk_636 is and probably related to turbolepper or whoever "it" is. I am just a lowly mechanic doing my thing.

Slacktide_bitog: I could not find the date code or signs of one either
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
car51-that is a CQ Blue, they don't have wire backed media-it's a blend, like a Mobil 1 filter. Looks good, though.
Does that depend on the application though? The CQ Blues I have for my PSD are wire-backed:

x0rv1G.jpg

That's because the one you have is actually a Clarcor made filter so build quality is alot better

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: jk_636

Yes, hammer on one of the guys that dutifully opens filters from every brand, day after day after day, and posts the results for us to look at. Maybe you can criticize people in the UOA section for posting their data, too.

Fanboy trolls never change.

Thanks for posting images of used filters, I know it is a bit messy. That is an interesting Fram made filter, but I didn't think they were low cost, for an oil filter, like some say. it's got a different kind of wire mesh than the Ultra.

Wow, some people just take things way to seriously.

Learn to take a joke

But then again, I haven't ever put the wrong type of fuel in any vehicle (especially not a vehicle I was responsible for "repairing" if that was the case) so...take it for what its worth right?

For the record, I appreciate the constant stream of photos Car51.

Ok back on topic. Filter looks fine, exactly as expected.

As usual car51, great C&P pics. I, along with all of the other BITOG membetrs, really appreciate your dedication to C&P so many different filters. I know that I usually learn something new upon each filter you display.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back