Looking for info on two quick spray waxes.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used both of these products? Meguiars Ultimate Quik Polish and Zymol Deep Gloss Spray Wax? I ran out of the Lucas spray wax and wanted to try something different as a quick between waxes spray product. I remember Zymol was well regarded years ago. I'd like to know about those two products since they are easy to get for me w/o having to place an order. I'd like to use the better of the two, for a fast job and some additional UV protection between wax jobs. Thanks.

Megs UQW and the detailed line equivalent D156 are my go-to spray waxes. Super easy, amazing shine and surprising durability for a spray wax.

I use eagle one wax as u dry on my travel trailer. It does not really shine unless you wipe it down again with a wet cloth, but i put it on heavy. Keeps the bugs from sticking to the front.

Thanks for the replies, keep'em coming..

While I'm thinking about quick wax products this question came to mind. If I go the quick spray wax route and decide I want to use an actual wax or paint sealant at some later date, do I have to clay bar the car and go through extensive prep work to remove it? I typically layer Collinite Wax or Menzerna Power Lock paint sealant, and a quick wax is something I rarely use. My goal is to do less of that and more quick wax, on one of my vehicles. Call me lazy I guess.

as long as your surface is smooth, IMHO, you should not have to clay it to remove it. you could just use dish soap to remove the old wax if you want. of course, I dont believe that spray waxes last much more than a month... so I dont think that there would be much left on the surface

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
as long as your surface is smooth, IMHO, you should not have to clay it to remove it. you could just use dish soap to remove the old wax if you want. of course, I dont believe that spray waxes last much more than a month... so I dont think that there would be much left on the surface

That's what I thought. Dish soap and apply the Menzerna or Collinite. The surface is nice and smooth already.

I use the eagle one on top of the klasse sealants on the elantra. I usually wait at least 24 hrs before i use it though.

Id seriously look into the CQuartzUK/HydrO2/hydrofoam combo. Regardless of situation between the later two you know you're adding real protection... The upfront effort is a bit higher though...

Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax is by far the best OTC spray wax that I have used. Great shine and it lasts a surprisingly long time for a spray wax.

I went to AAP earlier to pick up a hose and noticed Eagle One Spray Wax. At a quick glance it was the only spray wax that mentioned UV protection, which is something I'm really interested in. I've been reading up on some of the other suggestions here. Now I'm considering it as well. Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted By: buck91
I do really like the looks the Eagle 1 wax-as-u-dry offers, but it doesn't last very long at all.

I use it every outing on the tt as its easy to use, It lasts pretty good on that, but its under a shed most of the time. I agree it does not last on a car, but i use it each time i wash anyway. I have hard well water, and this prevents water spots as long as i use it before the water starts to dry.

Last edited:
I've always been an Optimum spray wax user and was very happy. A while ago I picked up several bottles of the Eagle1 from a closing CarQuest. I didn't expect much from it, but I am really surprised how durable and shiny the Eagle1 is. I consider it on par with the Optimum for a third the price.

I'm very happy with Meguiar's D156 (pro version of UQW). Works great anywhere on the car...including interiors and wheels!

I wash with Meguiars D114 (Gary Dean method) and use a couple of sprays per panel of the D156 just before drying. Provides lubrication to the surface and additional wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back