15W-40 Delo, Delvac or Rotella For KUBOTA turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial oil change (50 hrs) is coming up on my 2016 Kubota MX 5200. It is 52 hp, turbo with diesel particulate filter. The transmission is hydrostatic and the tractor is equipped with 4x4 and a front end loader. I tend to run at the 2000 rpm range for everyday tasks and 2500 rpm when working it such as bush hogging.

I have looked at the Delo, Delvac and Rotella 15W-40 virgin oil analysis and need some help. I am torn as to which oil to use. Could someone suggest which oil would be best based upon the VOA and why it stands out above the rest?

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I like delo cause it generally has around 80ppm of moly.

And tons of boron.
I use Delo in my Toyota too.

Last edited:
I would pick Delo first then Delvac. Personally I would avoid Rotella because it doesn't have any Moly or Boron.

I might take that oil out sooner. I usually no longer do that but my MF2610 at 35 hrs started getting loud and vibrating.
The factory fill was a complete mess and the filter filled with sludge. I went with Delvac because I had it on hand.

Problem solved. It was so noisy I even thought I had mower issues.
Later I switched to Schaeffer Supreme 7000 Synthetic Plus Engine Oil 15W-40 as it was decently priced on Amazon. Around $27 a gallon shipped and I switched over to a Fram Ultra Filter.

Nice tractor btw!

I ran M1 0w-40 in host of orange rattlers. Lately to save money its been 15w-40. My kubota's had the ff drained out under ten hours on clock, yes syn in.

I suggest a 10w-30 dino oil, unless you see spring/fall drains.
15w-40 is doable in shed at -30 but isnt nice. Syn is night and day.

Harvey

There will be little if any difference between the three. They are all that good.

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Do you need a low ash spec or can you run anything?

Most likely being that new it needs a CJ4 specced oil.

So is the first oil change 50 hrs, then 100 thereafter?

You could also consider a synthetic 5w40 from the 3 you mentioned. Delo 5w40 is just under $20 a gallon at Walmart.

Just looked at the manual again for clarification: Specs 10 quarts of a CJ4 oil

Below 14F= 10W-30. If it gets below 14F I will not be outside on the tractor, I will just sit inside next to the wood stove. 14F to 77F = 10W-30 or 15-W40. Also above 77F the same 10W-30 or 15W-40. If the weather gets above 95F I will sit inside in the AC. Not too good to go out in bad weather, just getting older and don't have to any more.

The oil change interval is 50 hours for the initial change and then every 400 hours there after. Well the 400 hour oil change seems a little excessive but it may be due to the EGR system and the diesel catalyst and particulate filter combination keeping everything cleaner?

Since I only hobby farm I will be lucky to see 100 hours a year so I plan on changing every two years or about 200 hours.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They are really helpful.

Originally Posted By: pburchett
Initial oil change (50 hrs) is coming up on my 2016 Kubota MX 5200. It is 52 hp, turbo with diesel particulate filter. The transmission is hydrostatic and the tractor is equipped with 4x4 and a front end loader. I tend to run at the 2000 rpm range for everyday tasks and 2500 rpm when working it such as bush hogging.

I have looked at the Delo, Delvac and Rotella 15W-40 virgin oil analysis and need some help. I am torn as to which oil to use. Could someone suggest which oil would be best based upon the VOA and why it stands out above the rest?

Our family has several Kubota tractors, a BX 2230, L2900, M105X, and the newest, a M135GX. The 2230 and 105X were bought in the mid-2000's, the L2900 in 1997, so, the 135GX is the only with the diesel particulate filter on it.

Do you have a Rural King or Meijer in your area? They both have Delvac 1 5W-40 ESP in their stores, $22.99 in RK, and $24.99 in Meijer for the one gallon jugs. With Mobil offering the mail-in rebates on Delvac for $12 a gallon, you can get the 5W-40 for about the same price as conventional.

If you didn't want to use synthetic, the Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 is also having a rebate as well, so, you can get it for even cheaper.

I have not tried Delo in the Kubota tractors, but, I was using Rotella in them. Tried Triple Protection and T6. Then, switched over to Mobil TDT, and now, am using Delvac 1 5W-40 in them.

I prefer the Mobil/Delvac products over the Rotella. I know it is not very scientific, no UOA done or anything, but, based on how they run with the different oils, I like how the tractors are running with Mobil/Delvac.

Even my brother noticed. He went to use the 2230 to mow the orchard, he asked what I had done to it because it was running differently from the T6. All I had done was change the oil, nothing else.

I found this uoa with Delvac, Delo and Rotella on a Ford 7.3 Power Stroke

Originally Posted By: CT8
I found this uoa with Delvac, Delo and Rotella on a Ford 7.3 Power Stroke
Messed up I'll have to find it it was dated around 7-2010
I found it LINK

Originally Posted By: pburchett

hello, can you share me the VOA of Delvac 15w40? is it Mobil Delvac MX 15w40, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back