What to use in 99 Buick Lesabre OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buick is due for OC soon and I'm going to wally in the tomorrow so I'll be picking up some oil. The list below is what wally says they have in stock according to website. Since they all have good reviews here I decided to take the highly scientific approach and let you decide which would be best for my Buick. In a couple weeks it will be rolling over to 100,000.

Pennzoil Conventional 10w30 $16.47
Valvoline Premium Conventional 10W30 $14.98
Mobil Super 10W-30 $14.17
Quaker State Conventional 10W30 Advanced Durability $13.97-$3=$10.97
SuperTech 10W30 Motor $11.44

I'm liking the QSGB but that could be because of the rebate.

Last edited by a moderator:
PYB has been very impressive here in older vehicles even though I mostly only use synthetic oil. So PYB 10w-30

mobil super....also run rebates
wink.gif

If you have a rebate, I would go with the Quaker State. I have used it alot with no issues. I have a fondness for Valvoline and if I need oil and am forced to pay regular price, I go with Valvoline. I just love the clear yellow look of it.

You're missing havoline. They sell that at walmart as well. Right now it's on sale $11.77 for the 5 qt jug and it's also running a rebate for $5.

Originally Posted By: gallydif
You're missing havoline. They sell that at walmart as well. Right now it's on sale $11.77 for the 5 qt jug and it's also running a rebate for $5.

I didn't mention Havoline or Chevron because they are out of stock and the promotion looks like it ended yesterday which is to bad, the Havoline would of been the deal to beat at $6.77 after rebate.

Looks like Mobile is the best deal with $7 rebate if they have it. Our wally has never had the best auto department like I've seen at other ones, plus I usually only grocery shop there and don't get over to that side of the store much.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
I thought 5W30 would be the correct viscosity?

Well the manual calls for 10w30 but says its ok to use 5w30 in the winter but that was 1999, from what I've learned since I've came to BITOG I could run 5w30 all year with today's oils and be ok, correct me if I'm wrong.

I looked back over the last few years and the most days below 0 we had was 8 and most were only 3 or 4 so I never use 5w30.

Well I'm off to wally I hate getting there after 8am. I'll report back with what I find.

Got to say I was pretty impressed with the oil they had, last time I was over there they only had one side of the isle with oil, now they have both sides plus part of another one. Most were the jugs and I'm guessing a third of it was Valvoline products.

I went with Mobile, couldn't resist with the rebate.

I still want to try QSGB, Havoline and PYB.

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Originally Posted By: gallydif

I didn't mention Havoline or Chevron because they are out of stock and the promotion looks like it ended yesterday which is to bad, the Havoline would of been the deal to beat at $6.77 after rebate.

Looks like Mobile is the best deal with $7 rebate if they have it. Our wally has never had the best auto department like I've seen at other ones, plus I usually only grocery shop there and don't get over to that side of the store much.

Gotcha. I just looked it up and unfortunately it eneded on 4/30. Yes, Mobil is running a rebate for $7 on their dino so that would probably be your best bargain. Here' another rebate for QS but doesn't seem as good as the promotion Mobil is currently running:
http://slickdeals.net/f/8578186-5-quarts..._SearchBarAlgo1

Excellent choice. I got a 5qt jug of MS5kHM last year at wallyworld when the $7 rebate was running. This year was Havoline lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back