M1 HM or PHM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the fact that I believe I read that you pointed out that M1HM has higher additive levels and is SL rated. MaxLife and PHM are "resource conserving"

Yes, so I suppose it depends what you're looking for and what deals you can find. Here, most of the HM stuff here, including our Mobil Super 2000, is ILSAC stuff. So, the choices are fewer.

Garak: thanks for the info good sir
smile.gif

What are you looking for?
There are other HM oils out there, Maxlife syn blend being a very good one in my experience.
I'll be trying M1 HM in the old BMW next run, probably in July and I'll report on how it does in reducing overall consumption including the leaks generic to old German engines including this one.

I would pick the PHM based on value, the killer add pack and my personal good experiences with it (it is one of my favorites).

PHM is not Resource Conserving by the way. Most HM oils are these days though, including my other favorite Castrol HM.

car51 how many of these topics are you going to start? In the last month!

M1 HM vs PHM
PHM vs Maxlife
Edge vs Edge EP
Edge vs Magnatec

Last edited:
Also, if you don't like what someone posts or asks questions about: do ME and the rest of the BITOG community a favor and DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION!!

Originally Posted By: 209paulc
car51 how many of these topics are you going to start? In the last month!

If he's assisting and/or advising people he knows, it certainly doesn't hurt to throw the questions out here.

Car 51
I have used PHM for years in the summer months because it seemed to be blended on the thicker side and i have had good luck with it for years..Im pretty sure its the yellow bottle blended a little thicker on the viscosity scale with other additives.
great stuff in my opinion.
My brother and i used max life the last time because we both like the jugs with the inner seal that is more secure and it seems to perform good also. That may be my new go to oil..Well see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back