For all the Tom Brady haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Brady will be returning to the game fresh and uninjured while starting OBs on other teams have had four games to get beat up. For an older QB that might be a plus.

Don't worry he just paved the way for his replacement to take over next season.

You have a vivid imagination...and no connection with reality.

Originally Posted By: greenjp
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
You post your way and I post mine. Please use the ignore feature if you don't want to see/read what I post. Pretty simple.

You sure are wound tight aren't you? The phrase that comes to mind is "NHHEMI doth protest too much, methinks". I recommend
cheers3.gif
to help you relax.

Not wound too tight at all. Just suggesting a course of action for you as you seem to be upset over my view on this situation.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
NHHEMI has you guys all fooled. Secretly he has a Tom Brady poster in his mancave......

Not. Groggan( I know it is only one "g" not "gg" but the idiotic censor is bleeping it out when spelled right??? )and Bledsoe. Wouldn't hang a Brady poster in the outhouse.

crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: Turbo_Lemming
The Patriots just bring out the worst in people. The guy is an accomplished NFL star, but also a Masshole. This leaves people not knowing how to be.

Actually, no: Brady was born and raised in San Mateo, California, and went to college in Michigan. (He was also drafted as a catcher by the Montreal Expos.)

How did he end up in Bahston?

Brady will be returning to the game fresh and uninjured while starting OBs on other teams have had four games to get beat up. For an older QB that might be a plus.

More like if he does serve the 4 game suspension we'll realize what a great qb he is and what we are missing out on. In my opinion he's the greatest QB to play this game. His replacement, Garoppolo, reminds me of Bledsoe. Big arm talent but with 2 left feet.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
If anything I think this whole process exposed how lax the NFL rules are regarding the pre-game ball handling procedures. I have only really gotten into following the NFL in previous years, but I assumed that there were NFL officials that took care of that, and not have team associated personnel control it.
Lax? It looks like a bunch of useless nanny rules. Let the QBs how much air they like.

I don't think it is the rules themselves so much as it is/was a lack of enforcement and following of said rules. The rules are actually pretty clear and when followed ensure that there is an even playing field in regards to the balls used by both sides.

1. - Each team provides their own balls for offense in the game( kicking too but different rules ).
2. - Balls must be official/approved NFL game balls
3. - Ball PSI range is limited to 12.5 - 13.5
4. - Ref's check each ball prior to game for any defects, extreme wear, and for proper inflation( balls can be rejected if in bad shape and the ref's adjust the PSI up/down when or if needed ). Upon completion of the inspection the inspecting ref initials each ball showing the inspection was done.
5. - Balls are stored in a secure area until approx 1 hour before game time when they are brought to the field by the approved attendant for that team. NO ONE is supposed to touch them before that.
6. - During the game the balls are in a designated area and given to the ref's by a designated person/attendant. NO ONE else is supposed to touch them/handle them.

To me that pretty much ensures the balls are secure and on an even playing field for both teams as long as no one intentionally breaks those rules as we had happen( IMO )in deflategate. The balls were taken into a bathroom by one of the deflate suspects AFTER the official inspection and there were unauthorized people/attendants( from the Patriots )handling them prior to the game and during the game. Clearly there is an opportunity to get to the balls after the inspection is done for those who have cheating in mind.

About the only change(s) I could see being made that might help stop cheaters from working around the rules ^^^ would be for the league to supply all game balls. They retain control of them at all times with a league employed ball attendant for before and during the game. The little extra $$$ it would cost is not even a penny in the coin jar to you and me for the NFL. Or, if that seems too extreme then have the ref's do the official inspection on the field right before the game and then have a league employee be the one to stay with them and give them to the ref's when asked for. Take the teams out of the equation completely is the main point. Make it so the only time anyone but a ref or league official has any reason to handle the game balls is when the players are doing so on the field during the game.

Overall the NFL ball rules are pretty good I think. I don't see them as Lax at all. I think the enforcement of the rules is what was lax. With any rules in life the people the rules are directed at have to have the character and willingness to follow them. Cheaters will be cheaters though and break the rules when they can. So you either make it impossible to cheat( i.e. league supplies and controls the balls at all times ) OR you make the best rues you can and then punish those caught breaking them.

I apologize to the post length police if this was too long.
grin2.gif

The Patriots just bring out the worst in people. The guy is an accomplished NFL star, but also a Masshole. This leaves people not knowing how to be.

Actually, no: Brady was born and raised in San Mateo, California, and went to college in Michigan. (He was also drafted as a catcher by the Montreal Expos.)

NFL Draft.

He choose football over baseball.

NFL Draft.

He choose football over baseball.

Would you say Tom Brady is the Michael Jordan of football?

Originally Posted By: deven

More like if he does serve the 4 game suspension we'll realize what a great qb he is and what we are missing out on. In my opinion he's the greatest QB to play this game. His replacement, Garoppolo, reminds me of Bledsoe. Big arm talent but with 2 left feet.

Yup, Bledsoe's achilles heal so to speak was his lack of mobility and maybe being too sure of that canon of an arm. He had his flaws like all QB's. With a good O-Line though that could give him the time needed to throw down the field( he was not a dink and dunker like many QB's are these days )I would take that guy any day.

I think a lot of Patriot fans forget just how good he was until Pete Carrol and Bobby Greer destroyed the team and Bellichik came in not liking him from the start( and failed to play a system that would play to his strengths vs to his weaknesses - not his best coaching era ).

Last edited:

Would you say Tom Brady is the Michael Jordan of football?

No.

If anything I think this whole process exposed how lax the NFL rules are regarding the pre-game ball handling procedures. I have only really gotten into following the NFL in previous years, but I assumed that there were NFL officials that took care of that, and not have team associated personnel control it.
Lax? It looks like a bunch of useless nanny rules. Let the QBs how much air they like.

I don't think it is the rules themselves so much as it is/was a lack of enforcement and following of said rules. The rules are actually pretty clear and when followed ensure that there is an even playing field in regards to the balls used by both sides.

1. - Each team provides their own balls for offense in the game( kicking too but different rules ).
4. - Ref's check each ball prior to game for any defects, extreme wear, and for proper inflation( balls can be rejected if in bad shape and the ref's adjust the PSI up/down when or if needed ). Upon completion of the inspection the inspecting ref initials each ball showing the inspection was done.
5. - Balls are stored in a secure area until approx 1 hour before game time when they are brought to the field by the approved attendant for that team. NO ONE is supposed to touch them before that.
6. - During the game the balls are in a designated area and given to the ref's by a designated person/attendant. NO ONE else is supposed to touch them/handle them.

To me that pretty much ensures the balls are secure and on an even playing field for both teams as long as no one intentionally breaks those rules as we had happen( IMO )in deflategate. The balls were taken into a bathroom by one of the deflate suspects AFTER the official inspection and there were unauthorized people/attendants( from the Patriots )handling them prior to the game and during the game. Clearly there is an opportunity to get to the balls after the inspection is done for those who have cheating in mind.

About the only change(s) I could see being made that might help stop cheaters from working around the rules ^^^ would be for the league to supply all game balls. They retain control of them at all times with a league employed ball attendant for before and during the game. The little extra $$$ it would cost is not even a penny in the coin jar to you and me for the NFL. Or, if that seems too extreme then have the ref's do the official inspection on the field right before the game and then have a league employee be the one to stay with them and give them to the ref's when asked for. Take the teams out of the equation completely is the main point. Make it so the only time anyone but a ref or league official has any reason to handle the game balls is when the players are doing so on the field during the game.

Overall the NFL ball rules are pretty good I think. I don't see them as Lax at all. I think the enforcement of the rules is what was lax. With any rules in life the people the rules are directed at have to have the character and willingness to follow them. Cheaters will be cheaters though and break the rules when they can. So you either make it impossible to cheat( i.e. league supplies and controls the balls at all times ) OR you make the best rues you can and then punish those caught breaking them.

grin2.gif

What would be wrong with letting the offence set the pressure? This isn't like basketball or soccer where both teams play with the same ball.

grin2.gif

What would be wrong with letting the offence set the pressure? This isn't like basketball or soccer where both teams play with the same ball.

It always seemed strange to me that the NFL needed so many balls. They CAN'T just use one "game ball" ???

Even if they get kicked for a field goal, they end up in the net. So what's up with that?

In baseball, you can't get the ball back from a home run, or grand slam, or out of the park if its a small park. That said....

Yup, Bledsoe's achilles heal so to speak was his lack of mobility and maybe being too sure of that canon of an arm. He had his flaws like all QB's. With a good O-Line though that could give him the time needed to throw down the field( he was not a dink and dunker like many QB's are these days )I would take that guy any day.

I have to disagree with you on protection for Bledsoe. He would literally need at least 7-10 seconds of protection to get the ball out and he wasn't the best at deciphering the defense.

I remember the game against the Jets when he got hurt. Tom Brady came in and on the first drive took them down the field for a TD. Bledsoe in the 1 and 1/2 quarters he played he could not get anything going against that defense. To me he was mediocre at best and that's why even after getting traded he couldn't hack it too much in the NFL.

I am a fan of Pete Carroll and on the contrary Bledsoe and the Patriots did better under him(9-7, 8-8)than Bill Belichick. I believe Bledsoe and BB first year together they were 5-11 or something like that.

Declined to sign with the Expos and went to Michigan on a football scholarship.

But AFAIK, he never ended up in Boston. Plays in Foxboro, lives in, last I recall, LA.
laugh.gif

Declined to sign with the Expos and went to Michigan on a football scholarship.

But AFAIK, he never ended up in Boston. Plays in Foxboro, lives in, last I recall, LA.
laugh.gif

Touche.

I don't follow foosball.. You a fan?
laugh.gif

Just watch. He is already showing signs of losing his arm strength. One of the worst deep ball completion percentage in the NFL. Nearly none of his completions are outside the harsh marks and when he does complete a pass on an indeterminate/deep routes it is in the middle of the field, when he has a clean pocket and has the time to step into his throws.

If you don't see this either you live in an fantasy realm or can not analyze QB play.

Obviously you are looking throw the prism of nostalgia Garopplo's biggest issue is he gets happy feet in the pocket, he is very athletic, he weaknesses will be erased if he ever gets practice time and splitting reps with Brady in training camp does not count.

Just watch. He is already showing signs of losing his arm strength. One of the worst deep ball completion percentage in the NFL. Nearly none of his completions are outside the harsh marks and when he does complete a pass on an indeterminate/deep routes it is in the middle of the field, when he has a clean pocket and has the time to step into his throws.

If you don't see this either you live in an fantasy realm or can not analyze QB play.

I suspect his deep-ball problems had more to do with the fact that his line was the former practice squad by about week 6.

I suspect his deep-ball problems had more to do with the fact that his line was the former practice squad by about week 6.

Since 2013 he has dropped it is not just at 2015 issue. When QB's skills start to erode it is a precipice after deep ball accuracy fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back