MOTUL 8100 X-Cess 5W40, 8,014 mi, '04 Audi A4 1.8T

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTUL 8100 X-Cess 5W40 UOA on a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T w/113,789 miles. 8,014 mile run. Daily-driven with 50/50 city/highway driving in southeast US climate. The engines previous UOA had ~25-30 miles on it with a single cylinder misfire due to a failed ignition coil, causing a bit of fuel dilution.

Looks good to me. I would pay for TAN next time too -- it makes the TBN measurement much more useful.

Have you ever considered the 0w40 variant?

Definitely. We're going to start getting results with the TAN.

We've never really thought about going to the 0W40. Here in the south temps don't get extremely low , and when they do it's only for a short period.

The X-Max 0w40 has a higher viscosity index (lighter at startup) and slightly lower HTHS (won't rob as much HP/gas mileage). It's worth considering, even if you don't see sub-zero stuff.

The X-Cess looks to work well too, so there's nothing wrong with using that again!

Motul make some of the best lubes on the planet. This one has done well considering the lapse
laugh.gif

I would be happy with this run. Looks good. Surprised zinc shows so high though.

Originally Posted By: dparm
The X-Max 0w40 has a higher viscosity index (lighter at startup) and slightly lower HTHS (won't rob as much HP/gas mileage). It's worth considering, even if you don't see sub-zero stuff.

The X-Cess looks to work well too, so there's nothing wrong with using that again!

Good deal. We'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back