Best USA Produced Olive Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any USA grown EVOO favorites? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of the TX oils to try out.

Subscribed. We go through nearly a gallon of the Costco Kirkland organic stuff per year, though we've started using a lot more coconut and avocado oil in recent years.

With a little effort you'll find that there are a lot of reviews and some serious annual competition results available. The New York International Olive Oil Competition might be a good place to start. It somewhat depends upon your personal tastes; the subtle flavors and intensity of olive oil can be significantly different, even within varieties.

Why do you want to limit yourself to just USA produced olive oil? Italy produces some of the very best olive oils and usually has the top winners at the NYIOOC. Italy had a somewhat "bad" year for olive oils and still walked away with the the most 2016 awards.

To my knowledge, Texas olive oils have only had one or two awards from NYIOOC. Most of the US winners are from California.

Since I'm not an expert on olive oil, and don't plan on becoming one, trying USA oils should keep me happy for a while. Seems like there a lot of quality out there. Supporting quality USA products will lead to more quality USA products. I don't buy imported beer anymore either. I want to support the numerous breweries we have that are brewing world class beer.

ENZO is what I have purchased in the past. It is really a EVOO, very sharp taste just like you would expect from olive oil.

California Olive Ranch. Confirmed (by UC Davis olive oil testing) to be the real deal. Real, fresh olive oil should also cause a minor acidic burn in your throat when you swallow a small bit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back