Coffee - Your Current Brew

Right now going through this Jacobs espresso. Nothing particularly exciting. Just trying to clear out some old stock...

DSC_9388.jpg

Almost finished with my current stock. Brew methods: Technovrom Moccamaster (mostly)/ Hario V60 (occasionally, time permitting)

spwtjn.jpg

You may find the "Perfetto" ground a little too coarse for your DeLonghi. It's for drip machines.

Alternatively, you may be successful by tamping it further.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
You may find the "Perfetto" ground a little too coarse for your DeLonghi. It's for drip machines.

Alternatively, you may be successful by tamping it further.

I tamped it as you suggested, resulting in a very delicious espresso drink. Thank you.

On a side note; I am very happy with the DeLonghi EC680M machine. I appreciate the ease of use, the high pressure 15 bar operation, and it takes up very little counter space. I recommend it to others.

Originally Posted By: 3for3
Got an espresso machine now, tried Lavazza espresso first time.

IMG_4409_zpsvrspi8d5.jpg

Great, with a good espresso machine you can extract most flavor from a good espresso fine grind coffee such as Lavazza Qualita Rossa.

To make a good cup of espresso you need a right coffee and the grind is importance too, also you need a tamper.

The problem with espresso is you will never go back to regular coffee, especially the single serve quick machine.

If you want to experiment, get yourself a burr grinder. Buy whole beans and adjust the grind and tamping pressure for the ultimate espresso.

Has anyone tried bullet proof coffee? (sorry, I haven't read the whole thread) I'd like to try it, but I barely have enough morning brain to make regular coffee and it seems like a mess to clean up.

Just reading about this coffee place and would like to try some of their stuff esp their coffee beer.

http://www.clevelandmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=E73ABD6180B44874871A91F6BA5C249C&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications::Article&mid=1578600D80804596A222593669321019&tier=4&id=939888FBBCB94A5DA1879A70DEE59307

keurig is awful. Nothing that puts water through coffee in 20s at room pressure will ever be good.
It is convenient.
ILLY is good to great in expresso, sucks in drip coffee.-personal opinion from experience.

Just picked up a bonavita ts1900 for 40$ at sam's club clearance
smile.gif

https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/bonavita/bv1900ts

Curious to see how it tastes compared to my 8 year old technivorm moccamaster.

Currently drinking home-roasted bolivian beans grade AAA from invalsa.com Med-Dark

Kimbo is good(Thanks QP) and price is good.

Originally Posted By: 3for3
Got an espresso machine now, tried Lavazza espresso first time.

I saw the Lavazza brand advertised up here recently in a flyer for the first time. I'm not sure I've actually seen it in a store yet.

Back