Weird private-label tire names

Originally Posted By: CKN
I'm amused why we don't think "Goodyear" is a funny name for a tire. I guess it's well that the tires were not manufactured in a "bad year!"
Maybe it has to do with the name of the guy who started the company?

I wrote down a few on my phone that I've seen while sitting at lights.

Atrezzo, Delinte, Lanvigator Primetour, Kanati Mud Hog, Aoteli Ecosaver, Lacklion. Several others too.

OEM Lada tyres from the 80s. Four letters in Cyrillic and that's it.

Oh and a Goodride on a brother in low Audi.

Last edited:
The name brand tires have some odd names also. I had a guy at a tire place tell me when we got new kumho tire with the white letters out on a service truck that I should take it downtown and drive slow to get all the "working" girls to chase me down.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
From another thread here, a replacement for the Can-Am Spyder: Vee Rubber Arachnid.

Wow! You gotta be kidding me!
crackmeup2.gif

From another thread here, a replacement for the Can-Am Spyder: Vee Rubber Arachnid.

That's right funny!

I got close to one to check it's "car" tires out. Nope, they're something special, and presumably expensive.

Seen yesterday: BOTO truck tires. The same truck had steer tires by Triangle.

On a Tundra: Black Lion Voracio.

Seen yesterday: BOTO truck tires. The same truck had steer tires by Triangle.

On a Tundra: Black Lion Voracio.

Triangle is a very popular brand used by truck fleets.....

I personally like the brand "Mayrun." It could blow out on the highway...or it "Mayrun."

Interesting, I registered just to reply to this as I remember Daewoo brand cars around 15-20 years ago. I know they folded into GM somehow, but didn't realize they made tires. I found this press release from 2009: http://www.rubbernews.com/article/20091105/NEWS/311059996/s-koreas-daewoo-launches-tire-brand

As for odd tire names, my neighbor has Winmax tires on his GMC. Never heard of them and they barely show up on a Google search (enough to tell they are a Chinese brand).

Another weird one is Kumho's Crugen tire. Their Solus and Ecsta names don't sound too bad but Crugen doesn't exactly sound sexy or cool.

Back