Dupont non-stick lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
This used to be all over the Lowe's stores in my area, and for basically dirt cheap; I want to say $3-$4 for a 4oz bottle. Now I can't find it anywhere. Even online its tough to find and those that have it in stock are asking ridiculous prices. Any ideas on where to locate some? Or maybe a similar product? Lowe's is stocking 3-in-1 dry lube now, but that has no mention of teflon/ptfe or any other fluoropolymer. I've found this a VERY handy lube to use for a number of things, especially on bicycles.

Link: http://amzn.com/B011TVGYGM
http://www.performancelubricantsusa.com/product/non-stick-dry-film-lubricant.php

I can find the Dupont Chain Saver locally, which seems similar if not more robust but it does not seem to come in drip bottles. Plus I like the very light weight of the non-stick lube.

Funny you should mention that stuff, just this evening I was looking at my half empty bottle thinking I haven't seen it anywhere in quite awhile, and it's by far my favorite cable lube. I assume because it's so thin, but I'm easily able to get it through the whole cable and the teflon in it doesn't gum up like regular lubes. Especially with my Harley, virtually every lube gets notchy on the clutch but this stuff stays smooth as silk and for way longer than anything I've used (including the other Dupont lubes and wet chain lubes). Like magic.

I use it all over my bicycle too, but it's not good at all on the chain, only lasted about 7 miles before I could hear squeaking. I use the Dupont Multi use there, or the Chain Saver which I thought would last longer but it doesn't.

Anyway, sorry to digress, I too would like to know why it disappeared all of a sudden. Great stuff.

Yes! Thats exactly why I like it too- for cables. Especially on my mountain bike as it does not attract dirt and grit. On the road bike and motorcycle I'm just as happy with Triflow, though.

I have 3 bottles of their Teflon lube and was disappointed to learn that Lowes no longer carries it. I often prefer the drip bottle over aerosol. Guessing it didn't sell as well as other products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back