post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Cruze Eco with the M32 6-speed manual.

2.5 quarts of Pennzoil Synchromesh. It replaced 2.5 quarts of Amsoil Synchromesh.

Two weeks ago i started transmission fluid change with a 5qt jug. i added a 6th qt(which i shouldn't of had) and drove on it for a week. The truck was shifting into the higher gears (4/5/6) when i was only around 25-35mph. the fallowing weekend, i did another drain and fill. i filled the system back up with just the 5qt jug and never added the 6th. drove on the truck for about 15-20 min and than check the fluid level. a few days after the 2nd drain and fill, i took the truck on a family trip. The transmission shift a lot smoother before then the drain and fills.

Did my truck about a month ago (drain and fill, I put a drain plug in a while back). This is the 4rd drain and fill in 10,000 miles (I got the truck with 168,000 miles)
I had drained and changed filter and installed drain plug when I got it, drain and fill again 500 miles later, another drain and fill after 2000 miles, then this one.
I plan on a 10,000 mile drain and fill interval from now on.
First 2 were with Walmart Merc V, last 2 have been with Maxlife ATF.

I did my wife's Scion today for the first time at 30,000 miles, drain and fill using Maxlife ATF.
Plan on doing hers every 30,000 miles. It was a little dark coming out, but I read Toyota WS is a little dark to start off with.

1999 Camaro manual transmission fluid change. 4 years/5K miles on fluid. Didn't see any debris/metal flakes after draining, just bright red fluid. 3.75 quarts. This is the 2nd fluid change. Factory fill came out at 12K miles in 2012.

Out: Valvoline conventional ATF Dex 3/Merc

In: GM 88861800 (GM's ATF Dex 3 for manual transmissions spec'd for it)

2002 VW Jetta GLS 2.0 w/149K - 02J 5spd Manual Transmission

Changed on 4/6.

Out: Factory fill
In: Redline MT-90

So far, so good. Shifting is about the same, maybe slightly better.

did maintenance oil change on Subaru Legacy 4eat 4 qts Amsoil signature series atf, Subaru OUtback 4eat 4 qts Amsoil signature series atf and a new OEM Subaru spin on filter, changed both subies today
laugh.gif

2012 Jeep Patriot 60,000 miles

out: part of factory fill 5.5 quarts cvtf+4 and screen

in: Valvoline cvtf+4 5.5 quarts and a new screen

Utilized Chrysler transmission dipstick tool and cvt fluid fill level chart, and an infrared thermometer to refill with new fluid.

Also replaced broken transmission fill tube. The top half of tube and plug was laying in the bottom engine cover. It probably broke 4 months ago in December on rough roads in Mexico.

I just did a drain and fill on my 2010 V70 with 60K miles, TF80 SC transmission. I bought the car new and about 75% of the miles are interstate driving. Did it cold just to eliminate temperature check.The fluid that came out was still red and looked good as far as color is concerned, still bright red. 3.5 quarts came out and 3.5 quarts of genuine Volvo fluid 1161640(JWS 3309) put back in. I had the Volvo dealer identify the correct fluid for my vehicle by VIN number, since sometime in 2010 Aisin and thus Volvo changed to AW-1, so if you want the same fluid delivered by factory, you will have to identify by VIN number.
While I was not having any issues with the transmission, after the D&F it does seem to be smoother and I am glad I did it. After several hundred miles I will probably do another. The Toyota T-IV is quite a bit cheaper and the same as the Volvo 1161640(JWS 3309) according to Aisin. For the next D&F I picked up 3 quarts from my Toyota dealer for $6.10 each plus tax. I had about a half quart left from the 4 liter jug of the Volvo fluid.

I did an almost complete ATF change in the Saturn in January. Not knowing the history, I wanted to change the filter and get new fluid in. The car had 93,xxx on it when I got it, and the fluid was not dark or burnt.

I put Maxlife ATF in it, and also changed the spin on filter. There was a magnet inside the filter that was nasty with grey paste on it. It could have been the original filter... I did not re-install the magnet as a general consensus reading on saturnfans.com

Since then, almost 1000 miles later, it seems to shift and drive better
smile.gif

02 Focus 128k

Out.. Haven't a clue. Think I changed the filter somewhere between 04 and 06.

In.. Maxlife

Only reason I changed it was the cork gasket. It'll never have another except line exchanges.

1998 Lexus ES300:

-Mag 1 Syn ATF
-LG Red

This is the 3rd drain/fill I've done since purchasing this vehicle, fluid is looking great and the car is shifting well so I'm going to leave it alone a while.

199,970 miles.

2001 Tahoe, 93k

Simple drain through plug. 3 quarts Maxlife. Last year, I did the same with Valvoline blue bottle ATF. Fluid is looking very good, PO did some maintenance, not sure what exactly that was.

Hint: GM plugs are notorious for stripping. What I've learned... If you are doing it for the first time, hit it with a torch. The plug heads are shallow. If you do strip it, have someone (or yourself) weld a nut on top. It works great.

Back